Recipe: Appetizing Jamerican Curry Chicken & Rice Soup
Jamerican Curry Chicken & Rice Soup. Jamaican curry chicken simmered with potatoes, scallions, and ginger is a Carribean version of curry chicken the family will love. Serve with white rice or roti. Jamaican Curry Chicken is rich, spicy and hearty with great flavor.
Jamaican Chicken Curry is a favorite standby in Jamaican cuisine. It's a chicken dish that's cooked low and slow to get all the amazing flavors infused in the chicken and. Jamaican curry chicken with potatoes is a little taste of the Caribbean no matter where you are. You can cook Jamerican Curry Chicken & Rice Soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jamerican Curry Chicken & Rice Soup
- Prepare 1 pound of chicken breast.
- Prepare 4 cups of reduced sodium chicken broth.
- You need 2 cup of cooked basmati rice.
- You need 1 cup of celery, diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 1 cup of tomato, diced.
- You need 1 cup of baby carrots, chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minched.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of Jamaican curry powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cracked black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cummin.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- You need 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 1 can (13.5 oz) of reduced fat coconut milk.
Jamaican curry powder, scallions, fresh thyme and habanero or scotch bonnet. Combine chicken with all ingredients and rub together until curry powder is wet and sticks to the chicken. If you've ever had flavorful Jamaican curry chicken, you may be wondering how you can prepare it at home. Although there are a lot of ingredients.
Jamerican Curry Chicken & Rice Soup step by step
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes & season with 2 tbsp of curry. Place in plastic zip bag & refrigerate for a hour or longer. (The longer you marinate, the better the flavor. 8-24 hrs).
- Cook chicken in skillet with 1 tbsp of olive oil until all meat is white & set aside..
- Heat the olive oil in a (separate) large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots and celery & cook for 6-7 minutes, until the onion is soft & translucent, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, & cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until the garlic is fragrant, stirring occasionally..
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, chicken, curry powder, ginger, cumin, salt & pepper, and stir to combine..
- Add coconut milk & stir. Continue to cook until the soup reaches a simmer (about 5-8 min). Then reduce heat to medium-low, cover partially with a lid, & let the mixture simmer..
- Take off heat & add cook rice. Stir until combined. Then taste soup, add extra salt & pepper if needed. Serve warm..
First of all, Jamaican curried chicken (not chicken curry btw) is extremely yellow Well I'm Jamaican and so is my mother, father and grandparents and our Curry Chicken is. Tangy and hot flavors you won't be able to stop eating. I can eat curry chicken for the rest of my life and be just alright! Vibrant, ochre Jamaican curry differs from its Indian counterpart, thanks to a healthy dose of allspice. A recipe for Jamaican Curry Chicken Stew, made with shredded chicken thighs, butternut squash and mango in a bright, flavorful coconut curry rum broth.