How to Make Tasty Chinese Corn Soup
Chinese Corn Soup. It is thick, sweet, salty and warms your soul. Perfect to use up that little bit of leftover chicken, or just leave it out and make this vegetarian, it is truly just as delicious. In a saucepan, combine the cream style corn and chicken broth.
Chinese chicken and corn soup belong to the thick soup category, which is called 羹. Thick soup can be as exotic as shark's fin soup, or as familiar as the home cooked egg drop soup. Chicken and corn soup is the grander version of egg drop soup, enhanced with chicken meat and sweet corn. You can have Chinese Corn Soup using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese Corn Soup
- You need 1 can of Canned Cream style Corn ●.
- You need 800 ml of Water●.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chinese Soup Stock●.
- It’s 2 tsp of Potato Starch ◎.
- It’s 4 tsp of Water ◎.
- You need 1 piece of Egg.
- You need 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
Chinese Sweet Corn Soup with Chicken and Dried Scallops. Naturally sweet and tasty, this Chinese sweet corn soup with dried scallops helps to improve the appetite, strengthen the kidneys and balance the digestive system. I love corn however they're cooked – grilled, boiled, roasted, steamed, baked, fried, you name it. they all taste delicious. A bowl of Chinese corn soup is the ultimate comfort food on a chilly day.
Chinese Corn Soup step by step
- Put ● ingredients (Canned cream style Corn, Water, Chinese soup stock) in a pot. Bring to a boil over medium heat..
- Put ◎ ingredients (Potato Starch, water) in a small bowl and mix it well. Pure into the boiling corn soup..
- Gradually add the beaten egg while stirring the soup. Add the sesame oil for fragrance..
The chicken broth is cooked with ground chicken, corns, eggs, and peas to create a rich taste and silky texture. Chinese corn soup is called "corn stew" (玉米羹, yu mi geng) in Chinese. It is a different form of Chinese egg drop soup. This post was sponsored by Ling Ling, all opinions expressed in my post are my own. Easy Sweet Corn Soup Recipe: extremely delicious and restaurant style Chinese sweet corn soup recipe that pairs amazingly with any entree.