Recipe: Perfect Crab and Fresh Sweetcorn Soup
Crab and Fresh Sweetcorn Soup. Enjoy Deliciously Crafted Well Yes!® Sweet Corn & Roasted Poblano Sipping Soup. A rich chowder made with white kernel corn, fresh cracked crab meat, and green onions in a soup base of whole milk and half-and-half. Place three-quarters of the sweetcorn into a food processor and blend to a smooth purée.
Cut kernels off cobs, scrape cobs for any milk and add to soup. Canned crabmeat or imitation crabmeat may be used instead of fresh crabmeat. Crabmeat and Sweetcorn soup is truly a Cantonese Classic, and is made from the delicious and subtle blending of crab meat and sweetcorn. You can have Crab and Fresh Sweetcorn Soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crab and Fresh Sweetcorn Soup
- It’s 300 Gr of Fresh Sweetcorn – removed from Cob – if you have to can use Tinned.
- You need 1 Tbls of Olive Oil.
- It’s 3 of Spring Onions – really finely chopped.
- Prepare 2.5 cm of fresh Ginger – chopped into Matchsticks.
- It’s 250 Gr of Crab meat – as lumpy and whole as possible.
- It’s 1 Ltr of Chicken Stock.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Corn Flour (mix with 4 tbsp of the chicken stock to form a paste).
- Prepare 1 of Large Egg.
- It’s 1 Tbls of Sesame Seeds.
- Prepare 1 of Red Chilli very finely chopped.
Please don't presume to emasculate (or ephemera) this dish – it is perfect just the way it is! I made this soup as written. I used fresh sweet corn , sweet onion, sweet basil, sweet crab. The texture was thick and delicious. but sweet.
Crab and Fresh Sweetcorn Soup instructions
- Put 220 Gr of the sweetcorn into a food processor and blend to a smooth purée..
- Put the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the spring onion and ginger and fry for 3-4 minutes, until the onion is softened, Do NOT Brown.
- Add the crabmeat, sweetcorn purée and the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for five minutes.
- Add the remaining whole sweetcorn and the cornflour paste and cook and Stir until thickened..
- Pass the beaten egg through a fine sieve held over the soup to create strings of egg in the soup. They should make strands..
- Put into 4 bowls and add a few more Spring onions, Sesame seeds and the Chilli to garnish.
Next time I will try with frozen corn and I will sprinkle a little bacon on top.not much to keep it light. I will also not blend all the corn for a clunker texture. Check over the crabmeat for any little pieces of shell, keeping the meat in the largest pieces possible. Simmer together this Chinese-inspired crab and sweetcorn soup for a quick and easy dinner. Need inspiration for other ways to use up fresh or leftover corn?