Lentil soup. Don't settle for bland Lentil Soup! Make it right and you'll have everyone begging for seconds….and thirds… This lentil recipe is one of the best nourishing, simple dishes you can make with dried lentils. Lentils are coupled with vegetables for this family-friendly lentil soup.
It's creamy without any dairy, satisfying and protein-packed without Essentially, lentil soup is everything we need right now. This lentil soup recipe is a few years in the. If you want a lentil soup that will quickly become a family favorite, I highly recommend giving it a try. You can cook Lentil soup using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lentil soup
- You need 1 lb of lentils.
- You need 12 oz of can petite diced tomatos.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- It’s 1/2 c of frozen onion and pepper.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 3 (12 oz) of cans of broth.
The original recipe was my grandmother's, and it actually won first prize when she entered it at a. This is the BEST lentil soup recipe!! It's full of amazing lemony flavor, it's naturally healthy and vegan and gluten-free, it's quick and easy to make, and SO delicious. For a bowl of hearty comfort, try Alton Brown's Lentil Soup recipe, spiced with coriander and cumin, from Good Eats on Food Network.
Lentil soup step by step
- Rinse lentils then boil for 30 minutes, season the boiling water with 1 tblsp each cayenne and paprika. (Can be done ahead of time, perfect prep to do on the weekend then toss the soup together after work).
- Rinse lentils, set aside or store in fridge. Can be made up to 3 days ahead of time..
- Dice carrot and garlic..
- Add garlic, onion, pepper, carrot to medium heat w 1 tbl oil until onions sweat…about 4 mins.
- Stir tomatos, mix completely and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add lentils & broth + 1/2 c water, simmer for 30 minutes..
- Using emulsion blender for texture is optional. Image is without emulsion blender..
Homemade Lentil Soup that is light, hearty and healthy. Loaded with chunks of carrots, celery, lentils and spices, you can also add your favorite protein to this already delicious recipe. Lentil Soup – super easy, cozy and healthy lentil soup that is huge in flavor. Loaded with earthy and aromatic spices with a little bit of heat. Lentils are protein-rich and make for great soups, which are so perfect for chilly winter nights.