Chicken noodle soup.
You can have Chicken noodle soup using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken noodle soup
- Prepare 3-4 of chicken thighs skins removed.
- Prepare 5 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- It’s 10 cups of water.
- Prepare of Olive oil to saute vegetables.
- Prepare 3 of medium carrots 2 grated 1 sliced.
- It’s 2 of medium celery sticks.
- Prepare Half of pound spiral pasta (you can double this of you like).
- You need 3 tbsp of fresh or frozen dill.
- Prepare 1 tsp of favorite seasoning.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s to taste of Liquid crab boil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Garlic.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of Parsley.
Chicken noodle soup instructions
- In a large pot combine 10 cups water, 5 cups chicken broth and 1 tbsp sea salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken thighs and boil uncovered or partially covered for 20 minutes (don't completely cover or water will be murky).
- Skim off impurities that rise to the top..
- While chicken is cooking saute onion in 2 tbsp Olive oil (not butter)over medium heat until golden brown.
- Increase heat to medium/high and add grated carrots, chopped celery, garlic and add more oil as needed.
- Saute, stirring often until soft and golden brown.
- Add sauteed vegetables to soup pot Add half pound pasta and sliced carrots to the soup pot and continue cooking for 15 minutes or until pasta is at desired softness.
- While pasta is cooking remove chicken thighs and pick off meat, add just the meat back into the pot.
- Season soup with all seasonings mentioned to taste.
- Add 3 tbsp of dill.
- Remove from heat and enjoy.