Creamy Minestrone Soup. Minestrone Soup with Tortellini is a veggie packed, filling and oh so comforting soup that's sure to satisfy on a cold fall day! It's hearty, creamy and deliciously flavorful. It's hearty, creamy and deliciously flavorful.
In a large stock pot over medium heat, stir and cook onions in butter until soft. Needless to say pictures needed a makeover, however the recipe was tip-top. This thick and hearty minestrone soup freezes wonderfully! You can have Creamy Minestrone Soup using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Minestrone Soup
- It’s 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1 clove of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of beef broth.
- You need 1-14 ounce of can tomato sauce.
- It’s 1-14 ounce of can kidney beans.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 of diced carrots.
- You need 1 stalk of diced celery.
- It’s 2 of small chopped potatoes.
- You need 1 of chopped zucchini.
- You need 1/2 tsp of basil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of small shell shaped pasta.
- You need 2 Tbsp of flour.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Grated parmesan cheese (optional).
- It’s 4 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled (optional).
Thaw in the refrigerator the day before eating, then reheat on the stove until warm. How to Make Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup. If you want the minestrone soup to cook all day, here are the slow cooker directions. A hearty non-traditional creamy version of minestrone soup with lots of veggies – a family favorite, especially in the winter time, served with fresh buttered bread.
Creamy Minestrone Soup step by step
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil..
- Stir in beef broth, tomato sauce, kidney beans, water, carrots, celery, potatoes and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender..
- Add pasta and zucchini. Cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until pasta is tender..
- Stir a small amount of milk into flour to make a paste; gradually stir in remaining milk. Add to soup mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens a bit. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Sprinkle bacon bits and parmesan cheese over each serving if desired..
This Gluten-Free Vegan Creamy Vegetable Minestrone soup is an easy and healthy recipe made with clean, real food ingredients. Slow Cooker Creamy Minestrone Soup is a meal we make as our backup dinners all winter long because it's hearty, healthy and despite tasting creamy it actually contains no cream at all in it! The secret to this minestrone soup is in the cannelini beans! This easy Minestrone Soup recipe is loaded with vegetables, beans and pasta and flavored with Italian herbs for an easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love! Fall is here and soup is on the menu!