Recipe: Tasty Chicken and Cabbage Soup
Chicken and Cabbage Soup. Add chicken; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; remove chicken from pot and transfer to a platter. Any leftover soup can be stored in containers and taken to work for lunch.
Very low in fat and very filling. Chicken And Cabbage Soup is a delicious one-pot meal, perfect for cold winter nights. It's raining like crazy here, with dipping temperatures, and all the crazy weather thought what could be better for this cold night than a warm and hearty, comforting bowl of soup, which tastes good and is also healthy too. You can have Chicken and Cabbage Soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Cabbage Soup
- You need 8-12 of chicken thighs with skin and bone.
- You need 1 stalk of celery sliced.
- You need 6-8 of carrots sliced or 1 small bag of baby carrots.
- You need 1 bunch of parsley chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion diced.
- You need 2 of whole garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 1 head of cabbage shredded.
- Prepare 6 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- You need to taste of Garlic salt.
- It’s 2 Tbs of dried Oregano or to taste.
- It’s 2 Tbs of dried Basil or to taste.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of dried Thyme or to taste.
- It’s 2 Tbs of garlic powder.
Based on a popular weight-loss plan, this healthy cabbage soup recipe gets tons of flavor and a metabolism-boosting kick from spicy chiles. Made with healing bone broth, this keto chicken no-noodle soup with healthy cabbage is warm and comforting when it's cold outside, when you're fighting a cold, or you just crave a hearty soup! Add cabbage and lemon slices to the broth/rice. Add chicken, parsley, salt, white pepper and cayenne.
Chicken and Cabbage Soup step by step
- Boil chicken in a large stock pot.
- Remove chicken and add all of the ingredients to the pot..
- Simmer on low..
- Remove the chicken from the bone. I discard the veins, skin and any other fat on the chicken..
- When finished, add the chicken to the pot. Continue to cook for another 30-45 minutes. You may want to taste and add more of the seasoning..
Simmer until the chicken is heated. Cabbage is like that; it can outlast almost any other vegetable. Now even if all you have in your fridge is some cabbage, there are only a few more pantry ingredients you need to make this easy, nourishing, and light cabbage soup. To make this simple cabbage soup you only need fresh cabbage, onions, canned tomatoes, chicken stock, and a few spices. Cabbage Soup with Chicken and Pork.