Recipe: Delicious Chicken, Ginger & Turmeric Soup
Chicken, Ginger & Turmeric Soup. In a large resealable plastic bag combine the garlic, ginger, oil and lime juice. Seal bag and shake until blended. Stir sauce mixture and add to the pan.
Home » Dinner » Honey Lemon Ginger Chicken. I have your chicken cordon Bleu in the crockpot now and this will be on the minute tomorrow. Thanks for taking the time to share your simple and quick, mom of multiple young children friendly recipes. You can have Chicken, Ginger & Turmeric Soup using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken, Ginger & Turmeric Soup
- It’s 3-4 of carrots, chopped roughly.
- Prepare 2-3 stalks of celery, chopped roughly.
- It’s 2 of medium onions, chopped roughly.
- You need of Generous knob of ginger, julienned.
- You need 4 of chicken thighs or drumsticks with skin.
- You need 1.5 litres of stock (or water + bouillon cube.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
Ginger Chicken Sweet honey and powerful, belly-warming ginger combine to make this Japanese favorite that is bursting with flavor. Unlike chicken teriyaki, this dish adds a kick that is anything. Mince the garlic and grate the ginger using a fine holed cheese grater or box grater. Stir well, then cover and leave in the fridge to marinate until ready to cook.
Chicken, Ginger & Turmeric Soup instructions
- Add 2 tbsp of oil into a heated stock pot on medium-high heat. Add the onions first and let them cook for a couple of minutes until they start getting a bit clear. Add the carrots, ginger and celery and cook for another 6-8 minutes..
- Spread them off to the side of the pot and add a bit more oil. Place the chicken skin side down and cook for 4 minutes. Flip and cook for another 4 minutes..
- At this point, get the water/stock ready by bringing to the boil. Once the chicken is cooked, pour the stock over, bring to a boil and then turn down to simmer (covered) for 15-20 minutes. Add the turmeric as you start the simmering process. Toss in more ginger if you want a stronger ginger flavour.
- Take the chicken out after the soup is done simmering, shred it up and toss it back in the soup. Salt & pepper to taste. Enjoy! I’m gonna try freezing it this time..
For the best flavour, do this in the morning or, better still, the night before. Cut the chicken up into bite-sized pieces. In a bowl, whisk the soy sauce, sake, honey, and ginger together, then add the chicken. After moving away from home, I tried hard to replicate the dish, without much success. Then I stumbled on my friend Shayma's.