Recipe: Appetizing Crawfish soup
Crawfish soup. Reduce the heat to medium, and add the onion, green pepper, red pepper, celery. and garlic. Cook and stir until the onion is transparent, and the peppers are soft. Winter is approaching, bringing with it colder weather.
If you do not like it spicy do not use the Creole seasoning or crab boil, just add more salt and pepper. I just invented this tonight, after getting stuck with a couple of pounds of crawfish from a crawfish boil. It's so good I wanted to hop around the kitchen singing. You can have Crawfish soup using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crawfish soup
- Prepare 1 pk of large jumbo shrimp shell on or off(devein).
- Prepare 1 pk of crawfish (1lb).
- Prepare 1 pk of coconut milk or can cream optional.
- Prepare 1 pk of flavored soup mix (I used grace cock soup).
- You need 1 of small pumpkin or calabaza.
- You need 3 of large white potatoes diced.
- Prepare 3 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 of large carrot diced.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 2 tsp of paprika (1 to season shrimp).
- You need 2 sprig of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 stalk of escallion or green onion.
This recipe is for crawfish boil leftovers; it won't be the same otherwise. You'll need two pounds of whole crawfish plus the corn, potatoes, etc, that were boiled with them. (My two-pound package contained two short corns on the. A rich and creamy crawfish soup. Louisiana Cookin' is the only national magazine for the connoisseur of Louisiana's unique culture, cuisine, and travel destinations.
Crawfish soup instructions
- Season your shrimp and crawfish with paprika, salt, pepper.
- In your soup pot 😀 add 1 tsp oil and cook shrimp for 1min on each side. Then remove and set aside. Add crawfish and cook for 2mins on each side or until turn red..
- Add 3 cups of chicken broth and 2 cup of water to the crawfish and bring to a boil. Then add diced carrots and pumpkin. Cover until the liquid comes to a boil and the pumpkin is soft..
- Once the pumpkins are cooked remove them and crush em and then put them back to the pot. (This is optional) Then add your potatoes, salt, coconut milk,cayenne pepper, jamaican pepper, black pepper,oregano, flavoured soup mix, shrimp and stir. Cover and let cook for 20mins or until the potatoes are soft/cooked..
The Best Crayfish Soup Recipes on Yummly Crayfish Soup, Cream Of Chervil Soup With Crawfish, Gluten & Dairy Free Thai Crayfish Noodle Soup Add corn, milk, and potato soup and blend well. Add potatoes if using and add seasoning and pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley and smoked paprika -serve and enjoy! Serve hot with french bread or garlic bread.