Recipe: Yummy Lemon chicken soup
Lemon chicken soup. Easy Chicken Recipe Made With Lemon & Pepper Seasoning. In a large pot, combine the chicken broth, lemon juice, carrots, onions, celery, soup base, and white pepper. Stir orzo, lemon juice, and lemon zest into the broth; add chicken.
This Greek Lemon Chicken Soup is cozy, healthy, and loaded with Greek flavors like garlic, earthy olive oil, and feta cheese. The little orbs of pearl couscous and morsels of cheese swirl to the surface with every spoonful. A sight that lifts the spirit and warms the belly. You can cook Lemon chicken soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon chicken soup
- Prepare 3 of plump raw chicken breasts.
- You need 1 1/2 of large carrots (peeled).
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion.
- It’s 1 1/2 of lemons.
- You need 2 pints (8 cups) of heavy cream.
- You need 1 can of chicken broth.
- It’s Handful of small red potatoes, cut in half.
- Prepare Pinch of Dried basil leaves, garlic powder, chicken bullion cube.
- It’s of Onion powder, old bay seasoning.
- Prepare of Minced garlic.
- You need of Salt (I ised kosher), pepper, olive oil.
In a medium pot, over medium-high heat, add condensed chicken and rice soup, chicken broth and lemon juice. In a small bowl, lightly whisk egg yolks. Based on other comments, I only used one cup of water so that it was thicker. I thought this soup was simple and delicious!
Lemon chicken soup instructions
- Dump 1 can chicken broth, 2 cans of water (from chicken broth), chicken bullion cube (broken in half), a few shakes of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper & old bay. Let come to boil. In the meantime, wash chicken (run under warm water) and cut into thirds, put in bowl. Cut ends off lemon and squeeze over chicken. Add a few shakes garlic powder & a a small spoonful of minced garlic into bowl. Mix around..
- Once liquid is boiling, add potatoes, a few lemon slices and chicken to pot. Put lid on, but not all the way, let cook 20 minutes..
- While the chicken is boiling, dice onions and let saute over some oil on medium heat. Once translucent, slice carrots and add to pan, switch to medium high heat. Cook until a little brown..
- Once 20 min is up, remove most of broth leaving just a little in pot, remove chicken and put on cutting board. Add vegetable mixture to pot & 8 cups of heavy cream. Put a few more lemon slices, basil, salt, pepper & garlic powder (to your liking)..
- Shred chicken, add back to pot. Add shake of salt, some pepper & more dried basil. Add a splash of water. Partially cover & let cook 15min, occasionally stirring..
- Serve with lemon, or take lemon slices out, depending on your taste. Enjoy!.
I will definitely make again but might use chicken broth and cooked white rice instead of the condensed soup. Add chicken to pot and season with salt, pepper, and half the lemon zest. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Chicken soup can easily be made with any kind of pasta and this Greek inspired lemon soup is no exception. Any short cut of pasta will work, just simmer until the pasta is al dente.