Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Quick Chicken Noodle Soup
Quick Chicken Noodle Soup.
You can have Quick Chicken Noodle Soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick Chicken Noodle Soup
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of carrots, peeled and sliced thin.
- It’s 1 cup of celery, sliced thin.
- Prepare 1 cup of onion diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 64 oz of children broth (or more if desired).
- Prepare 2 of Bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 12 oz of wide egg noodles.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded cooked chicken.
- It’s 3-4 Tablespoons of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice (optional).
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Quick Chicken Noodle Soup step by step
- To a large Dutch oven or stockpot, add the oil and heat over medium-high heat to warm.
- Add the carrots, celery, onion, and sauté for about 7 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften. Stir intermittently..
- Add the garlic and sauté for another 1 to 2 minutes..
- Add the chicken broth, bay leaves, thyme, oregano, pepper, and bring to a boil. Allow mixture to boil gently for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are fork-tender. Note – If you like brothier soup, add additional broth, possibly as much as an additional 64 ounces because as time passes the noodles will continue to absorb broth.
- D the egg noodles and boil mixture for about 10 minutes, or until noodles are soft and cooked through. Add more broth if desired..
- Add the chicken, parsley, optional lemon juice (brightens up the flavor), and boil 1 to 2 minutes, or until chicken is warmed through. Taste soup and add salt to taste. Remove Bay leaves and enjoy!!.