Recipe: Yummy Ox Tail Soup
Ox Tail Soup. Oxtail soup is made with beef tails. The use of the word "ox" in this context is a legacy of nomenclature; no specialized stock of beef animals are used and tails may come from bovines other than oxen. Oxtail soup is a hearty dish that is easy to make.
Today's recipe is for Korean style oxtail soup (called sokkoritang: 소꼬리탕 in Korean)! Many of you have requested this recipe over years but eventually today's the day that I. This oxtail soup recipe is so simple and easy that I am a little embarrassed to even publish it. You can cook Ox Tail Soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ox Tail Soup
- It’s 6-8 lb of ox tails.
- It’s 2 of onions, whole.
- It’s 2 of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 10 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 3 of bay leaves.
- You need 3 cans of tomato soup.
- You need 1 cup of barley (not "instant" barley").
- Prepare 2 lb of carrots, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 10 stalks of celery, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of large onions, diced.
- Prepare 5 cups of cooked spaetzle (see spaetzle recipe).
For a lot of Chinese families, dinner isn't complete without a soup to go with it. Return the oxtail to the pan and pour in the stock. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat to a gentle simmer. Slow Cooker Oxtail Soup – a hearty stew with rich broth and succulent tender meat that's comforting and perfect anytime of the year Cold and warm season.
Ox Tail Soup instructions
- In a large stock pot, add ox tails, then add water to cover the oxtails by an inch. Add whole onions, cloves of the garlic, and bay leaves. Bring to boil, cover and let simmer for 3 hours..
- Take out ox tails and refrigerate overnight. Discard whole onion and cloves of garlic from the broth. Refrigerate the broth and bay leaves separately from the ox tails overnight..
- Skim and remove the layer of fat from the broth. Trim fat from ox tails..
- In a large stock pot, add back in broth and ox tails. Add in tomato soup, bring to boil. Add barley. Cover and simmer for an hour..
- Add in carrots, celery, and onion. Let simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add in spaetzle. Remove bay leaves..
For the oxtail soup, we enjoyed it with cab. The cab had strong earthy flavor but yet smelled light and refreshing. Oxtail soup can elevate to become an exotic wonder dish with an adventurous twist of This Malaysian oxtail soup is earthy, meaty, warm and comforting with the bursting flavor. Oxtail soup is a name that some people believe to be a misnomer. There are people who are under the impression that it is not really made from ox/cow's tail and that this is simply.