Recipe: Appetizing Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup
Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup. I never dreamt it would be so cold in Florida this time of the year, and all I can think of making is soups with my Instant Pot. Vegan Split Pea Soup – flavorful, hearty soup made quickly and easily in the Instant Pot. Not to mention all the vitamins.
This split pea soup is vegetarian (vegan, even) because I wasn't in the ham mood, but you could certainly add a ham hock or some cubed ham to the pot before you turn it on. To keep the soup rich and give it body without ham, I added a couple dollops of coconut oil. To mimic the smoky flavor of. You can cook Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup
- You need 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 of medium onions.
- It’s 2 cups of baby carrots.
- You need 8 stalks of celery.
- Prepare 2 of bay leafs.
- You need 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- You need To taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 2 lbs of dried green split peas.
- Prepare 8 cups of water.
Tips for making Instant Pot split pea soup. The great thing about split peas is that they're packed with plant based protein, so this vegan soup stays filling without the meat! Here are a few tips for making it If you want a Vegetarian or Vegan pressure cooker split pea soup, omit the butter (for vegan), use vegetable broth, and try some liquid Instant Pot Potato Soup Instant Pot Potato Ham Soup Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana (Sausage Potato Soup) Instant Pot Beef Barley Vegetable Soup Instant Pot. This is a hearty split pea soup has a flavorful ham bone cooked with carrots, potatoes, onions, and a pinch of marjoram.
Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup step by step
- In true Instant Pot style, chop up all the veggies and put them in the pot along with the rest of the ingredients. With regards to the salt and pepper, how much you add really depends on who you are feeding. I tend to go a little lighter because I like the pronounced pea flavor. My wife likes to go heavy as if there was a piece of ham added. No right or wrong here but just try to target your audience..
- Set the Instant Pot to cook for 30 minutes. Once it is done, let it naturally cool to open the lid. I prefer to leave it on Keep Warm for an hour or so when I have time in order to let the flavors circulate but that is optional..
- After you open the Instant Pot, use a hand blender to purée the soup..
This Turkish-inspired Instant Pot split pea soup (or stew) is seriously delicious and filling. Made in a pressure cooker, it's a quick and easy vegan and gluten-free recipe. Home » All Recipes » Instant Pot Split Pea Soup with Ham. Dried split peas are part of a food group known as pulses, which include beans, chickpeas, peas, and lentils. I love cooking pulses in my pressure cooker because it takes such a short amount of time, meaning you can start it on a.