Recipe: Yummy Italian Wedding Soup Instant Pot IP
Italian Wedding Soup Instant Pot IP. Meatballs, pasta, and cheese are a marriage made in heaven especially when they come together in this Instant Pot(R) soup. The term "wedding soup" comes from the Italian phrase "minestra maritata" or "married soup", which means that the meat and greens cooked together make a good marriage of flavors. Continue on to make the recipe.
While not traditionally served at Italian weddings Just make then do the dishes after in return. Get ready for the amazingness you're about to experience because the Instant Pot just took this classic soup to the next level! My whole family loves Italian wedding soup, and if you love ordering it at your favorite restaurant, don't wait for another second to pass to make my recipe. You can have Italian Wedding Soup Instant Pot IP using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Wedding Soup Instant Pot IP
- You need 2 TBSP of olive oil.
- You need of Meat balls.
- It’s 1 pound of ground sausage.
- You need 1 TBSP of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs (preferably panko).
- It’s 2 TBSP of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 TBSP of fresh chopped sage.
- Prepare of Soup.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion chopped.
- It’s 3 of carrots chopped.
- Prepare 3 TBSP of minced garlic.
- It’s 6 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of fresh chopped sage.
- You need 1 of Parmesan cheese rind.
- Prepare 1 TSP of kosher salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of orzo.
- You need 4 oz of baby spinach.
- You need of Garnish.
- It’s of Grated Parmesan cheese.
My Instant Pot shaves so much time off my time in the kitchen, without taking away any flavor. The Instant Pot makes even richer and more flavorful. My recipe for Instant Pot Italian wedding soup calls for pressure cooking the meatballs and pasta together in the broth – convenience without sacrificing Traditional Italian Wedding Soup recipes call for escarole but I substitute baby spinach. Escarole is a slightly bitter leafy green related to the endive.
Italian Wedding Soup Instant Pot IP instructions
- Take all ingredients for the meat balls and mix by hand in a bowl..
- Form into 1 inch balls. Set aside..
- Turn on instant pot on saute hi. When pot reads hot add in the olive oil..
- Brown the meat balls in batches. Don't cook them completely..
- Remove meat balls and set aside..
- Add onions and carrots to the pot stirring occasionally for 3 minutes. Add garlic. Again stirring occasionally for another minute..
- Add in broth. Stirring/scrapping the bottom of the pot to remove any bits stuck to the bottom..
- Stir in Worcester sauce, sage, salt, and the Parmesan rind..
- Add in orzo and meatballs..
- Seal instant pot and cook at high pressure for 3 minutes. Then allow a 15 minute natural release. Release the rest of the pressure..
- Remove lid and stir in spinach till it wilts..
- Ladle into bowl and top with grated Parmesan cheese..
The nice thing about this Instant Pot Italian Wedding soup is you can serve it as is or just with some bread on the side. You really don't need any seasoning in it It is quite inexpensive to make as well as healthy and since you are using your Instant Pot and not having to heat the oven or stovetop you can. Searching for a delicious Instant Pot recipe? This easy Italian Wedding Soup recipe is a yummy and hearty meal for the enitre family on a cold winter day! Been dying to use your Instant Pot?