Potato and Leek Soup. Get Access To Daily Recipes, Tips, Product Recommendations & So Much More! Melt the butter over medium heat in a large soup pot. Winter Leek and Potato Soup "So delicious!
Classic Vichyssoise "Easy, delicious and healthy! This soup is so yummy, you could omit the cream altogether." – daniella. German Leek and Potato Soup "Very good. You can have Potato and Leek Soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato and Leek Soup
- It’s 1 quart of chicken broth.
- You need 2/3 pound of smoked bacon.
- It’s 3 cups of chopped savory cabbage.
- You need 6 of medium sized potatoes.
- It’s 2 of large carrots.
- It’s 1 of leek.
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of parsley flakes.
- You need 1 leaf of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sour cream.
Put the chicken stock, potatoes, leeks, celery, bay leaf and thyme in a large pot and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Chop the leeks into small pieces. What to Serve with Potato Leek Soup. Think of this potato soup as you would a potato side, but in liquid form.
Potato and Leek Soup step by step
- Chop the cabbage, peel the carrots, and fry the bacon. Wash and dice the potatoes..
- Cut the the carrots. Dice the onion. Wash the leek very well. Then slice..
- Add the butter and melt in the pot add all but the sour cream to the melted butter. Crumble the bacon and add. Simmer on low till all the vegetables are tender. About an hour covered..
- Take two cups of broth from the soup. Add the sour cream to the broth you took out and whisk till mixed well..
- Pour mixture back into the soup and incorporate well cover and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!!.
You don't really need any more starch to round out the meal, but it is hard to resist dipping a slice of crusty bread in this soup. Serve the soup as the starter to a steak dinner (steak and potatoes, right?), or roasted chicken. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Melt butter in a pot over medium heat. Classic potato leek soup ~ simple and delicious with potatoes, leeks and chicken stock, inspired by Julia Child.