Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Japanese Curry Pumpkin Soup #mommasrecipes
Japanese Curry Pumpkin Soup #mommasrecipes. Japanese pumpkin soup is perfect for chilly nights when you want to get snuggly and warm and it goes perfectly with some crusty baguette! I love pumpkin soup but only when it's made with Kabocha, but unfortunately Kabocha isn't very common in Australia and it can be quite tricky to find. This Kabocha Squash Soup Recipe (Japanese Pumpkin Soup) is seaosned with ginger, coconut milk, + red thai curry paste for the win!
I whipped this up for my family on Thanksgiving, and everyone was crazy about it! Even my brother, who is one of the pickiest eaters I know, asked for seconds of this curry pumpkin soup. —Kimberly Knepper, Euless, Texas. Coconut curry pumpkin soup is a bowl of comfort with a kick. You can cook Japanese Curry Pumpkin Soup #mommasrecipes using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese Curry Pumpkin Soup #mommasrecipes
- Prepare 3 cups of diced Kabocha squash.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, diced.
- It’s 1 cup of cut cauliflower or potatoes.
- You need 1/2 of onion, diced.
- You need 1 cup of leek, sliced.
- Prepare 4 oz of firm tofu, cubed.
- You need 1 cup of cooked beans, optional.
- It’s 16 oz of homemade stock.
- Prepare 3 Tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 Tsp of All purpose flour.
- You need 2 Tsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of each toasted cumin, coriander, fennel seeds, powered.
- Prepare 2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of each chili, cinnamon and ginger powder.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of concentrated tomato paste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of apple puree or 1 Tsp honey.
This pumpkin soup is probably one of the easiest soups I have ever made. It only takes a handful of ingredients and minimal prep. This Pumpkin Curry Soup is super nutritious, warming and comforting and really easy to make! Why you'll love this Pumpkin Curry Soup.
Japanese Curry Pumpkin Soup #mommasrecipes instructions
- Make curry paste ahead of the time. Heat up butter and stir in flour on low heat. Once incorporated, add all spices and apple puree. Mix and cook until a thick paste form. Divide the paste into 2 blocks and refrigerate them. Next morning, saute carrot, cauliflower, onion in olive oil until aromatic, about 1 minute..
- Add Kabocha squash, tofu, cooked beans. Stir in one half of curry paste made yesterday. Pour in homemade stock and 32 oz of water. Cook on high heat for about 10 minutes. Check the doneness of the squash and add more paste if needed. Simmer for another 5-10 minutes..
- Serve with multigrain rice and another entree, such as chicken vegetable patty in one of my other recipe. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/6681848-chicken-vegetable-patties-%E9%B8%A1%E8%82%89%E9%A5%BC?via=profile.
This soup is pleasantly spiced, luxuriously smooth and has a wonderful natural sweetness. It's a great way to pack loads of. Paleo Curry Pumpkin Soup- Just five ingredients are needed here for this delicious curry pumpkin soup which is paleo, vegan and gluten free! Just five ingredients are needed to make this paleo friendly curry pumpkin soup which can be made stovetop or in a slow cooker. This Curry Pumpkin Soup recipe is made with red curry paste for the perfect amount of heat, creamy coconut & pumpkin puree for a spicy holiday treat!