Chicken Macaroni Cream Soup (Sopas). A filipino soup favorite made with elbow macaroni, milk and butter. This is perfect anytime you feel like having soup. Boil water in a pot, add chicken until cooked and set aside.
This Creamy Chicken Sopas Recipe makes use of boneless chicken breasts and hot dogs. The evaporated milk, on the other hand, makes this soup dish rich and creamy; it also a distinctive ingredient that makes Filipino chicken macaroni sopas unique from other chicken noodle soups. How to Cook Sopas – Creamy Chicken Macaroni Soup Patreon: https The classic chicken soup consists of a clear chicken broth, often with pieces of chicken or vegetables; common additions are pasta, dumplings, or grains such as rice and barley. You can cook Chicken Macaroni Cream Soup (Sopas) using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Macaroni Cream Soup (Sopas)
- You need 2 of chicken breasts, cubed or strips.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 of garlic head, chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 c of cooked macaroni or elbow pasta.
- Prepare 1 of small carrot, jullienned or diced (none in photo).
- You need 1/4 of cabbage, in strips.
- It’s 1/4 box of (+/- 60ml) all purpose cream.
- It’s 1/2 of of chicken bullion cube.
- You need 1/2-1 Tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1-2 Tbsp of Cooking oil.
- It’s 1.5 L of Water.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- Prepare of Green onions to garnish (optional).
Sopas is one of those Filipino dishes that can be a complete meal in itself. It has vegetables, meat, pasta Sopas is also excellent for those cold days when you want something warm for your tummy. One way of making it really creamy WITHOUT salt is using Campbells Cream of Chicken Soup. Chicken Sopas is a Filipino chicken soup dish made with macaroni, chicken, and other ingredients.
Chicken Macaroni Cream Soup (Sopas) step by step
- Prepare ahead: half cook elbow pasta according to package instructions. Set aside. Also half cook (seasoned with S&P) chicken in a separate pot in 1/2 cup water then cut into cubesor strips. Set aside..
- Saute onions then garlic in oil in a pot..
- Once fragrant, add in your chicken and 1/2 c water. Boil until cooked and remove then cut into cubes or strips. Meanwhile add 1L water into the same pot and drop in the chicken bullion or broth cube..
- Return the cut chicken into the pot and add your elbow pasta, carrots, cabbage and All Purpose Cream (Nestlé or other brand). Get a spoon and get a knob of butter, add into the pot (optional). Stir until simmmering..
- Taste and season with salt & pepper. Adjust if you need to add more both cube. When satisfied, taste elbow pasta if okay to your liking. I like mine al denté. Remember it will continue cooking when you turn off the heat. Serve and garnish with snipped green onions..
This is an instant version made by Pamana. The broth is a little on the bland side, but has a nice creamy chicken flavor to it with some nice little bits going on. Children just love this creamy chicken macaroni soup for its texture and creamy taste. Sopas is a Filipino word that literally means soup. It is similar with the traditional dish in Italy that is sometimes served with beans.