Pumpkin soup. This easy soup is made with pumpkin puree, chicken stock, onion, and fresh herbs. Cream is stirred in at the end for added richness. I added a tiny bit of heavy cream to the bowls of soup and garnished with seasoned roasted pumpkin seeds.
Thick, creamy and full of flavour, this is THE pumpkin soup recipe you will make now and forever! Place pumpkins on a cookie sheet and roast them until slightly. Start sweater season off with the best-of-the-best pumpkin soup recipes, stirred up easy and served all steamy. You can cook Pumpkin soup using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin soup
- You need 150 g of pumpkin peices.
- It’s 1 of medium sized onion.
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- You need 50 grams of red lentils.
- You need 1 tbls of butter, 1 tbls of vegetable oil.
- You need of Salt & pepper.
In a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and garlic and cook until golden. Meanwhile, halve, peel, and scrape out seeds of the pumpkin. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
Pumpkin soup instructions
- In a pot add the pumpkins and the chopped onions and carrots, add butter, black pepper, salt and oil and stir fry it for 10mn.
- Add 25oz of water (over half a liter) or you can use vegetable broth as well, add the lentils and let simmer until the broth thickens a bit (15-25mn).
- Remove the pot and add cheese or fresh cream, or 70g of natural yogurt, mix well until smooth and serve.
Remove from the heat; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in the broth, pumpkin, brown sugar, salt, pepper and nutmeg; bring to a boil. Healthy, satisfying, and perfect for chillier weather. Add the minced garlic and ginger, cook another minute. Thick & Creamy Pumpkin Soup makes the weekly rounds at our house and is always served with a swirl of cream, crispy bacon pieces AND sometimes buttery and cheesy garlic bread.