Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Cream of Carrot Soup
Cream of Carrot Soup. Though this creamy carrot soup does have a wee bit more in it than just carrots, onion and garlic, they are mostly pantry essentials with the "other" things being optional. Like – bacon. 🙂 Crisp up some bacon in the pot before adding all the carrot soup stuff, and it makes the most amazing flavour base. Carrot soup (referred to in French as Potage de Crécy, Potage Crécy, Potage à la Crécy, Purée à la Crécy and Crème à la Crécy) is a soup prepared with carrot as a primary ingredient.
Who knew carrot soup could be THIS GOOD!?! Who knew carrot soup could be THIS GOOD!?! Smooth & Creamy Carrot Soup I used Fat Free Buttermilk which I usually substitute in soups that call for milk or cream. You can cook Cream of Carrot Soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cream of Carrot Soup
- It’s 1 kg of carrots, peeled and cut in chunks.
- Prepare 1 of large potato, peeled and cut in chunks.
- You need 4 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 of orange juice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt, or more.
- Prepare 1 of pinch of all spices.
- You need 1 of pinch of paprika.
- You need 1 of pinch of curry.
- You need 1 of pinch of cumin.
Carrot Soup I found this the easiest directions to follow. I had a few small beets in fridge so I put them in also. it turned out really nice. Creamy Carrot Soup recipe is easy, healthy and delicious! It's made with carrots, onions, garlic, ginger and a splash of cream that takes it over the top!
Cream of Carrot Soup step by step
- In a presure cook, put the carrots, potatoes, chicken broth, salt, all spices, paprika, curry and cumin then cook for 25 min. If you choose to cook in a pan cook until the carrots and potatoes are tender, approximately 35 min..
- Blend the carrots and potatoes with some of the stock to have a smooth and runny consistency..
- Return to a non stick pot, add milk and orange juice. Warm up and enjoy!.
Much like a Butternut Squash Soup, this recipe has brilliant color and comforting flavor; it'll be a new family favorite in no time. Watch how to make the best carrot soup in this short recipe video! It's lusciously creamy (yet cream-less) and full of caramelized roasted carrot flavor. When I serve this creamy carrot ginger soup, people are amazed by the bright color and are hooked by the deliciously different flavor. A hint of rosemary adds a nice spark to a slightly sweet soup. —Grace Yaskovic, Branchville, New Jersey.