How to Make Yummy Carrot and parsnip soup
Carrot and parsnip soup. Melt butter in a pan on a medium eat. Add the vegetable stock, carrots and parsnips and bring to the boil. Chop the parsnip and carrot into small chunks.
Add the chopped parsnips and carrot. Increase the heat to high, add the parsnips, carrots, stock and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and stir in stock. You can cook Carrot and parsnip soup using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carrot and parsnip soup
- You need 250 grams of carrot.
- It’s 250 grams of parsnip.
- You need 1 small of onion.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of cumin.
- It’s 750 ml of vegetable stock.
Pour pureed carrot mixture in a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining carrot mixture. Sprinkle parsnip chips and chives over soup. Carrot and parsnip soup is a delightful combination of two popular root vegetables that provide double the sweetness to this high fibre, low calorie soup!
Carrot and parsnip soup instructions
- coarsely grate carrot and parsnip.
- finely chopp onion.
- melt a knob of butter in a sauce pan and add carrot, parsnips onions and cumin.
- mix together..
- put lid on pot and let ingredients sweat on a low heat for about 5 minutes.
- stir a few times to stop sticking.
- add stock and simmer for half an hour.
- use blender to smooth soup, add seasoning if required..
- stir in some cream if liked.
I've kept this version super simple, making it the perfect weekday soup recipe. Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Roasted carrot and parsnip soup – a tasty, filling soup featuring roasted carrot and parsnip. Very simple to make using just a few healthy ingredients. This roasted carrot and parsnip soup is an easy, healthy, winter soup.