Carrot Curry Soup. Preheat medium pot over medium high heat. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onion until tender and translucent.
To serve the soup chilled, let cool, then refrigerate in a covered container. Meanwhile toast the cumin seeds in a dry frying pan until. Strain out the carrots from the broth, and place carrots into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway full. You can have Carrot Curry Soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot Curry Soup
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Carrots.
- You need 6 cup of Organic Chicken Broth.
- It’s 1 medium of Sweet Yellow Onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of Curry Paste or 1 1/2 tablespoon Curry Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coarse Dalt.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 6 each of chives.
- You need 1 cup of Sour Cream (Optional).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter. This Thai Coconut Curry Carrot Soup is an amazingly flavorful vegetarian OR vegan treat. To make sure your soup is vegetarian, check the ingredients on your Thai curry paste. I used Thai Kitchen brand, which does not include any shrimp, but some brands do, so just double check.
Carrot Curry Soup step by step
- Saute carrots and onions in a pot over medium-high heat..
- Add chicken broth, curry, salt, cayenne pepper and bring to a boil. Cover and cook until veggies are tender..
- Remove from heat and process in a blender until creamy. Return to stove and cook on low desired temperature is reached..
- Garnish with chives and sour cream if desired..
Pour the vegetable stock into a large pot and bring to the boil over medium heat. Stir in the curry powder, cumin, cinnamon and ginger; add the carrots. Using blender, purée soup until smooth. Return soup to stockpot, and stir in heavy cream and tomato sauce. Cook over medium-low heat until soup is heated through.