Recipe: Yummy Carrot and ginger soup
Carrot and ginger soup. This carrot ginger soup is just that. Creamy, warming, and bright, it's a great way to warm up on cold nights. Creamy & refreshing, it's a satisfying, cozy meal.
This healthy carrot ginger soup has a velvety smooth texture thanks to the addition of some creamy Greek yogurt. I'm more of a chunky fan. Butternut squash, carrots, and ginger each bring a unique quality to this delicious pureed vegetable soup. You can have Carrot and ginger soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot and ginger soup
- You need 700 grams of carrot.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of corriander.
- It’s 1/2 cup of orange juice.
- You need 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
Carrot and Ginger Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Carrot ginger soup is one of my favorite cold weather soups. It's healthy and easy to make, has a creamy smooth texture, and warms you from the inside out. Made from fresh carrots, ginger, onion, broth and a hint of spices, it's also dairy-free and vegan.
Carrot and ginger soup step by step
- Boil up carrots till soft.
- Soften onions, garlic and ginger in frying pan….dont let them go brown so keep stirring.
- drain carrots till there is just enough water to make the soup.
- tip in the stuff from the frying pan, add the nutmeg/cumin/corriander, oxo cube and orange juice.
- blend with with food processor.
- Add a couple of bay leaves and gently simmer soup for a bit (10-30 mins).
This light, flavorful carrot ginger soup is vegan! It's made with pantry staples and comes together in a hurry, yet always seems to impress. Fresh ginger makes a big difference—and what isn't used can be wrapped tightly and tossed in the freezer to use later. —Jenna Olson, Manchester, Missouri. Healthy Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe made with fresh ingredients like carrots, onion, potatoes, and ginger. One of my favorite soups to serve when I'm feeling under the weather, enjoy this cozy and nourishing Carrot Ginger Soup with a splash of coconut cream and fresh bread.