Recipe: Delicious Cream of carrot soup
Cream of carrot soup. Though this creamy carrot soup does have a wee bit more in it than just carrots, onion and garlic, they are mostly pantry essentials with the "other" things being optional. Like – bacon. 🙂 Crisp up some bacon in the pot before adding all the carrot soup stuff, and it makes the most amazing flavour base. Carrot soup (referred to in French as Potage de Crécy, Potage Crécy, Potage à la Crécy, Purée à la Crécy and Crème à la Crécy) is a soup prepared with carrot as a primary ingredient.
Who knew carrot soup could be THIS GOOD!?! Who knew carrot soup could be THIS GOOD!?! Smooth & Creamy Carrot Soup I used Fat Free Buttermilk which I usually substitute in soups that call for milk or cream. You can cook Cream of carrot soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cream of carrot soup
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1 large of onion peeled & chopped finely.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of Carrots, peeled & sliced thinly.
- You need 1 large of Potato, peeled & sliced thinly.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic, Crushed.
- Prepare 4 cup of Chicken Stock.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of Whipping Cream.
- Prepare 1 of Salt to Taste.
- You need 1 of Chives, Chopped.
Carrot Soup I found this the easiest directions to follow. I had a few small beets in fridge so I put them in also. it turned out really nice. Creamy Carrot Soup recipe is easy, healthy and delicious! It's made with carrots, onions, garlic, ginger and a splash of cream that takes it over the top!
Cream of carrot soup instructions
- In a large sturdy soup pot (or Dutch oven), melt the butter on medium heat. Cook the onions, carrots, potato, and garlic in the butter for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken stock and pepper and bring the soup to a boil. Turn the heat down so that the soup is just barely bubbling. Cover the pot and cook the soup for 30 minutes..
- Remove the soup from the heat and allow it to cool enough so you can comfortably puree it in a blender. Work in small batches and watch out for hot splashing soup! Once it is pureed return the soup to a pot. You can also puree this soup using a stainless steel food mill for a very smooth soup..
- When you are done pureeing all the soup, stir in the whipping cream and season to taste with salt and additional pepper. You can further season this soup with such things as powdered dry ginger, cumin, and curry. All of these flavors go very nicely with carrots. I also like a pinch of cayenne..
- Heat the soup to serve. Serve in bowls and garnish with chopped chives..
Much like a Butternut Squash Soup, this recipe has brilliant color and comforting flavor; it'll be a new family favorite in no time. Watch how to make the best carrot soup in this short recipe video! It's lusciously creamy (yet cream-less) and full of caramelized roasted carrot flavor. When I serve this creamy carrot ginger soup, people are amazed by the bright color and are hooked by the deliciously different flavor. A hint of rosemary adds a nice spark to a slightly sweet soup. —Grace Yaskovic, Branchville, New Jersey.