Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Carrot and coriander soup
Carrot and coriander soup. An easy, good-for-you soup that will warm you up on a cold day. Serve with freshly baked bread for a filling supper or lunch. You can also freeze this soup, defrost in the fridge.
This slimming friendly Carrot and Coriander Soup is comfort in a bowl and is perfect if you're counting calories or following a plan like Weight Watchers. Our Carrot and Coriander Soup is super quick and easy to make and it's also really thrifty. Place the carrots, onion, vegetable broth and cilantro into a large saucepan. You can cook Carrot and coriander soup using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot and coriander soup
- It’s 175 grams of leeks, sliced.
- Prepare 2 tsp of coriander.
- It’s 450 grams of carrots, sliced.
- You need 1200 ml of vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
Everyone I make this Carrot and Coriander Soup recipe for just loves it! It's super healthy and low fat too! It's just perfect for an easy supper on those busy weeknights that call for nothing but simplicity. In fact, the only tedious part is peeling and cutting up the carrots, onion and one potato!
Carrot and coriander soup instructions
- Put a little oil in a large pan. Add the leeks and carrots, stir, then cover the pan and cook gently for 7 – 10 minutes until the veg begins to soften but not colour..
- Stir in the ground coriander and cook, stirring, for 1 minute..
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, stirring. Season to taste, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until veg is tender..
- Allow to cool a little, then whizz with a blender until smooth..
- This soup keeps in the fridge for 3-4 days and freezes very well..
Carrot and coriander soup is Tesco veg grower Ben's favourite, especially after a hard day out in the fields. He still cooks his mum's original recipe, made with delicious veg, fresh coriander, and a sprinkling of warming paprika to finish. It's a delicious recipe with all the comforting tastes of home. Top tasting carrot and coriander soup is almost just that, carrots, coriander and some onions. Start adding creme fraiche or cream and you are adulterating one of the best tasting soups in the world.