Recipe: Delicious Carrot and Tumeric Soup
Carrot and Tumeric Soup. Warm, comfy, and healing for the soul. And with turmeric – supposedly healing for the body. A natural anti-inflammatory, "they say." Which is what sparked the idea for this soup: Literal sparks of pain.
With carrots, fragrant ginger and warming turmeric and a spicy garnish, this soup is bursting with flavour. For more soup recipes, head to Tesco Real Food. Glowing Carrot Ginger Turmeric Soup with Coconut Milk is light, luscious, earthy and flavorful. You can cook Carrot and Tumeric Soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot and Tumeric Soup
- It’s 4 each of jumbo carrots.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion.
- You need 2 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 2 cup of milk.
- Prepare of tumeric.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare of salt and white pepper.
- Prepare 3 oz of cream cheese.
- It’s 4 oz of butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic puree.
Fresh turmeric root gives it a hint of the exotic. I used carrot juice for part of the base to make it doubly carrot-y … which is optional, but adds even more carrot flavor. In fact, soups are my dinner of choice during winter and the brighter the colour, the better. This one is not only very orange but also quite hot even The orange hue is not just because of the carrots but also due to a good amount of turmeric.
Carrot and Tumeric Soup instructions
- Sweat the carrots and onion in butter on low for 30 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, cummin, and cream cheese, garlic puree and bring to a light simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend in a blender in high until smooth and creamy then strain through a fine sieve..
- Return to heat and add milk. Once heated season to taste with the salt, white pepper, and tumeric, and thicken with a slurry if nessesary. Make sure bring to a boil if you add slurry..
- Serve with thin sliced scallions or chive for garnish.
I like to top my spiced carrot soup with a sprinkle of chopped toasted hazelnuts and a sprig of fresh thyme. This ginger and turmeric carrot soup warms you from. An inflammation busting carrot, ginger and turmeric soup that's absolutely bursting with fresh, warming flavours! Carrot and ginger are already a match made in heaven, so adding a bit of fresh turmeric into the mix creates another dimension of flavour. This is certainly not my first carrot soup on CR, and it's likely not my last.