Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Roasted Carrot Soup with Dukkah Spice and Yogurt
Roasted Carrot Soup with Dukkah Spice and Yogurt. Transfer to a small plate and let cool. Transfer the carrot mixture to a blender. Pour the soup into a medium saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer over.
Roasted Carrot Soup with Dukkah Spice and Yogurt Some people get earworms, songs stuck in their head, and can't think of any other music because of that tune that won't go away. I have this issue with recipes instead of music. Roasted Carrot Soup The nutty, spicy seasoning of this hearty soup combined with yogurt topping gives it a unique and irresistible flavor. You can cook Roasted Carrot Soup with Dukkah Spice and Yogurt using 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted Carrot Soup with Dukkah Spice and Yogurt
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted, shelled raw natural pistachios.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds.
- You need 2 teaspoons of coriander seeds.
- You need 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of fennel seeds.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of whole black peppercorns.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of kosher salt plus more to taste.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of turmeric.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg, freshly grated.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of cumin, freshly ground.
- Prepare 1 teaspoons of omani (ground lemon).
- Prepare 1/4 c of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 2 pounds of carrots, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch moons.
- You need 1 of large yellow onion, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- Prepare 8 of garlic cloves, peeled.
- Prepare 4-8 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare to taste of Freshly ground black pepper,.
- Prepare 6 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s of Full fat plain Greek yogurt, for garnish.
- You need of cilantro, roughly chopped, for garnish.
Made with toasted and grinded nuts and seeds, peeled carrots and chicken stock, it is easy to prepare. Roasted Carrot Soup with Dukkah Spice and Yogurt.. Drizzle all over with the carrot-top oil then add the carrots, arranging them artfully so they're all facing the same direction. Spoon a generous amount of dukkah on top and pass the rest.
Roasted Carrot Soup with Dukkah Spice and Yogurt step by step
- Toast pistachios in a dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a small plate and let cool..
- Add sesame seeds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, and peppercorns to same skillet. Toast, stirring often, until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Transfer spices to plate with nuts and let cool..
- Transfer nut and spice mixture and 1 teaspoon salt to a food processor or a mortar and pestle and coarsely grind. DO AHEAD Dukkah spice blend can be made 1 week ahead. Store airtight at room temperature..
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place the carrots, onions and garlic on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with melted butter, season to taste with salt and pepper, and toss to coat..
- Roast about 25 minutes until the onions are just beginning to brown, remove onions and garlic. Roast the carrots an additional 10-20 minutes until the carrots are tender and just beginning to brown, about 35-45 minutes total. Let the carrots cool slightly..
- Transfer the onions and garlic to a large pot with 1 tbsp of butter and salt and pepper. Add 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and cook until reduced, about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add the chicken stock and spices to taste (cinnamon, turmeric, cumin, nutmeg and omani). Bring to a simmer and add carrots. Simmer about 30 minutes until carrots are soft..
- Using an immersion blender (or in batches in a blender), blend mixture until soup is very smooth, 1-2 minutes. Pour the soup into a medium saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper..
- Divide hot soup among bowls. Spoon a dollop of yogurt into center of each. Sprinkle with dukkah and garnish with fresh cilantro..
Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment. When roasted, the dry heat of the oven caramelizes natural sugars in the carrots and pulls out their sweetness. We simply season the carrots with salt and drizzle generously with good extra virgin olive oil. Transfer the carrot mixture to a blender. Pour the soup into a medium saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.