Recipe: Delicious Carrot Soup w/ Coconut and Lemongrass
Carrot Soup w/ Coconut and Lemongrass. Add the carrots, onions and garlic and coat in the butter. Remove the coarse outer leaves and the tough ends from the lemon grass. Slice the trimmed stalk finely against the grain and add to the.
If you would to further support and help us continue making our recipes for you, you can by. Hot or Cold Thai Carrot Coconut Lemongrass Soup. When my interest with raw food was at its height, cool soups became one of my favorite types of recipes. You can cook Carrot Soup w/ Coconut and Lemongrass using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carrot Soup w/ Coconut and Lemongrass
- It’s 2 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of lemongrass stalk, trimmed and tough outer layer discarded.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tsp of finely grated ginger.
- It’s 1 tbsp of red thai curry paste.
- You need 1 lb of carrots, sliced.
- It’s 1 quart of hot vegetable stock.
- Prepare 3 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 1 of fresh ground black pepper.
- Prepare 6 oz of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 of lime.
It was cool to realize that blending a few simple ingredients could result in perfect gazpacho, a quick "tortilla" soup, or a chilled avocado cucumber soup to die for. This carrot coconut soup is creamy, light, and super refreshing! I especially love to make this soup with peak-season carrots from the farmers market. Lemongrass: It adds bright, refreshing flavor!
Carrot Soup w/ Coconut and Lemongrass step by step
- In large saucepan heat oil and add onion. Cook for 3-4 mins until soft..
- Next add lemongrass, ginger, and garlic and cook for 2 mins. Add curry paste and cook for 1 min stirring all the time..
- Add carrots and cook for 2 mins..
- Add the vegetable stock and lime leaves and simmer for 20-25 mins until carrots are tender..
- Remove from heat and discard lime leaves. Add coconut milk and puree the soup in a food processor..
- Garnish with black pepper and serve with a lime wedge..
If you can't find lemongrass, use. Bring chicken broth, coconut milk, red Thai red curry paste, coriander, smashed garlic, ginger and lemongrass to a boil. This Thai version of carrot soup has the health benefits of ginger, garlic, and lemongrass. Maldon sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and sugar, to taste Carrot Lemongrass Soup is vegetarian and vegan, dairy-free, egg-free, and naturally gluten-free, oil-free, and refined-sugar-free. It is, in fact, quite easy on the stomach, and I sipped the leftovers from the photography session for this post on a chilly afternoon between lunch and dinner.