Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Kumara and carrot lentil curry soup
Kumara and carrot lentil curry soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Place onion mixture, kumara, carrots and stock in the slow cooker. Before serving, puree soup in a blender or food processor, or mash with a potato masher.
Kumara and carrot lentil curry soup smasher. An easy, creamy soup with just a hint of curry flavor. This recipe uses sweet potato because it is available in the US. You can cook Kumara and carrot lentil curry soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kumara and carrot lentil curry soup
- It’s 1 of large kumara.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots.
- It’s 1 cup of yellow lentils.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 cups of vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 can of coconut milk.
- It’s 2 TSP of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 TSP of turmeric.
- You need to taste of Chilli powder.
- It’s of Cilantro.
- Prepare of Fresh lime.
In New Zealand they use kumara which is related to the sweet potato. It is a purplish root vegetable that, when peeled and cooked, is a yellow green color and is an important part of the Maori (native New Zealanders') diet. The latest favourite in our house is this curried kumara soup which is extra delicious with a dollop of yoghurt on the top. Put olive oil in a deep frying pan and allow to heat up gently then add the lardons or pancetta and fry for a few minutes before adding the garlic, chilli flakes, curry powder and paprika to frying pan followed by onions, leek, celery, sweet potato, carrots and roasted capsicum.
Kumara and carrot lentil curry soup instructions
- Fry onion and garlic until soft. Then add spices and fry for further 30 seconds.
- Add Kumara and carrots and stir to combine with spice/onion mix.
- Add hot stock, 1 cup water and lentils. Bring to boil then simmer at low heat with lid until lentils are cooked (about 45 mins).
- Put into food processor and process until smooth.
- Place back into pot and add coconut milk. Heat gently until hot.
- Serve with finely chopped cilantro and lime juice.
So today's curried carrot and lentil soup is a healthy and filling one and there are no side-effects associated with overconsumption. It's getting chillier these days and I simply felt like a nourishing and aromatic soup and this one hits the spot. It's creamy, it's a bit spicy and thanks to the addition of red split lentils, very filling. Meanwhile chop the carrot and kumara and add it to the pan. Stir in between if need be.