How to Prepare Yummy Roasted Sweet Potato, Carrot-Red Pepper Soup
Roasted Sweet Potato, Carrot-Red Pepper Soup. Bursting with flavour, colour and wholesome goodness, this vegan Nutritious Red Pepper Carrot Soup is the very best! Add roughly chopped red pepper and carrots Add coriander and paprika and stir to coat Add Vegetable stock and sweet potato Bring to the boil and then simmer until all vegetables are softened. Roughly blend the soup, (you don"™t want to over blend, as the soup is delicious with some chunks of vegetables) Delicious Spicy Sweet Potato, Red Pepper and Carrot Soup – a family favourite I have been making for years.
Peel and slice the sweet potatoes into discs about a half centimetre thick. Put the sweet potoatoes, onions, red pepper and cumin into an oven proof bowl and pour over the olive oil. Put the cooked vegetables into a blender and add the hot vegetable stock. You can cook Roasted Sweet Potato, Carrot-Red Pepper Soup using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted Sweet Potato, Carrot-Red Pepper Soup
- You need 1 of Medium size Sweet Potato.
- Prepare 1 of Medium Carrot.
- You need 1 of Medium Red Bell Pepper.
- It’s 6 Tbs of Olive Oil or Butter.
- You need 5-6 of Finely Chopped Garlic Cloves.
- You need 1 of Small Red Onion.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/4 Tsp of Grated Ginger.
- You need to taste of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp of Chili Powder.
- It’s 1 Cup of Vegetable Broth or Water.
Mix carrots, red bell peppers, onion, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil on top and toss. Remove the skin of bell pepper and cut them into small pieces.
Roasted Sweet Potato, Carrot-Red Pepper Soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Wash, Peel the skins of Sweet Potato and Carrot. Cut them into pieces and coat them with olive oil and salt..
- Wash Red Pepper and cut it into half. Coat them with olive oil. Throw carrot, sweet potato, red pepper and garlic gloves onto baking sheet pan..
- Roast them for 35-40 Min. or until golden Brown in color. Now, let it cool down for few min..
- Remove the skin of bell pepper and cut them into small pieces. Now take a deep pan on medium flame, take 2 tbs of olive oil saute finely chopped onions and grated ginger until it’s golden brown..
- Now, throw in roasted sweet potato, carrot, garlic and bell pepper. Add a cup of water or vegetable broth. Cook them for 5 min..
- Switch off the flame. blend everything using hand blender. Pass it through strainer..
- Transfer it to the pot, add spices and salt to taste. Heat it up again, if you want you can add water to adjust the consistency. Let it boil for few mins..
- Serve hot in a bowl, top it up with plain yogurt..
Now, throw in roasted sweet potato, carrot, garlic and bell pepper. This soup with sweet potatoes and bell peppers is thick and creamy. It tastes spicy, sweet and earthy with the roasted bell pepper being the real star of the recipe. The roasted vegetables are what makes this recipe so flavorful and yummy. Put the sweet potato, pepper, onion and garlic on a baking tray.