Recipe: Delicious Thick carrot and lentil soup
Thick carrot and lentil soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. A Classic Lentil Soup recipe to warm your soul! Hearty and filling, this lentil soup is pure comfort in a bowl!
Use green lentils, red lentils, brown lentils or a lentil soup mix. All it takes is a hint of spice flavourings, bay leaves and finishing it off with a touch of lemon to elevate this soup. If you prefer a chunky soup, cut the the carrots into small cubes, keeping the rest of the ingredients the same. You can have Thick carrot and lentil soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thick carrot and lentil soup
- You need 4 medium of carrots.
- It’s 1 large of onion.
- Prepare 3 clove of of garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of veg oil.
- You need 1 pints of water or veg stock (approx).
- Prepare 2 cup of red lentils.
- Prepare 1 tsp of butter (optional).
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric (optional).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground coriander (optional).
- It’s 1 pinch of ground cumin (optional).
If you wish to have meat: take several slices of smoked streaky bacon, cut into small pieces, fry until crispy, and add to the saucepan along with the carrot, lentils, milk and stock. The original title of this recipe was "Spiced Vegan Lentil Soup," which is accurate, but a mouthful. Whether you're looking to lighten up your meals or warm up with a steaming bowl of soup, this healthy lentil soup recipe is for you! Lift out the oxtail, cover and set aside.
Thick carrot and lentil soup instructions
- Peel and coarsely chop carrots, onion and garlic..
- Add all to pan with oil and fry for 3-4 mins..
- Add stock/water and increase heat to boil..
- Rinse lentils then add to pan..
- Add spices now if including them..
- Boil for 10 mins then simmer for 20-30 mins until lentils and carrots are soft and cooked, stirring often..
- Add butter if you're using it..
- Depending on how thick you like soup, you may need to add more hot water/stock..
- Blend until smooth, (season with salt and pepper if required) and serve..
Discard the onion, carrot and bouquet garni. This lentil and vegetable soup has wonderful flavors that become even more intense and satisfying as the soup cooks. Lots of root veggies go into the pot, red wine, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, vegetable stock and cilantro. Put the stock, lentils, carrots and leek into a soup maker, and press the 'chunky soup' function. Make sure you don't fill it above the max fill line.