How to Prepare Delicious Carrot soup
Carrot soup. Carrots are pureed in a veggie broth and then added to a bubbly hot mixture of half and half, flour, parsley and ground red pepper. Once mingled, this velvety soup is served up in bowls and enjoyed. This easy carrot soup recipe is a great way to use up a bag of carrots that were forgotten in your produce drawer.
Adding a can of beans boosts the fiber and makes this soup extra filling. In a blender, blend carrots and broth until smooth. The BEST way to eat carrots!! You can have Carrot soup using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot soup
- You need 2 lb of carrots.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 4 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of curry powder.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
The humble carrot makes an amazing creamy carrot soup – but when you sneak bacon in, it makes it over-the-top delicious!. This is a terrific carrot recipe to serve as a meal. Thick and creamy, savoury and sweet, Carrot Soup is quick to make, healthy, freezes brilliantly, and the only thing it needs is hot crusty bread for dunking. Yukon Gold potatoes—instead of cream—make a smooth carrot soup vegan and add a mild sweetness.
Carrot soup instructions
- Pour oil in a large soup pot. Heat oil. Chop onion and add to oil. Cook onions until they are translucent..
- Peel and chop carrots. Add to onions..
- Add curry powder and broth to pot. Cover pot and cook for 30 minutes, just until carrots are tender..
- Put carrots in a food processor with 1/2 cup of broth and puree. Add more broth if needed..
- Pour carrot puree back into soup pot. Stir well and add more water if you would like a more water down consistency..
- Add salt and pepper to your liking. Serve with cheese bread or crackers..
If you don't have Yukon Golds on hand, russet potatoes will work, too. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin In a medium sized stock pot, over high heat, combine the chicken stock, carrots, garlic, dill weed, salt and butter. Just carrots, onions, garlic, and herbs are all you need for homemade, low carb Carrot Soup. Perfect either as a side, or as a meal in itself, this healthy and filling Carrot Soup is a great addition to your dinner. Roasted Carrot Soup is an easy carrot soup recipe with tomatoes, garlic, cumin, and Greek yogurt to make it creamy and filling. This tomato-based vegetarian soup is simple, healthy, and the leftovers are perfect for lunches and dinners all week long!