Recipe: Yummy curried carrot soup
curried carrot soup. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onion until tender and translucent. There's a nice challenge in staring into a less than sufficiently stocked refrigerator.
I used the recipe as a base and made some changes, although I am quite. Reviews for: Photos of Curried Carrot Soup. Curried Carrot Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can have curried carrot soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of curried carrot soup
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion, roughly chopped.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, crushed.
- You need 32 oz of vegetable broth (or chicken broth).
- Prepare 6 of carrots, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of apple, peeled and roughly chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of curry powder.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare pinch of cayenne.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cream, milk, or evaporated milk.
This curried carrot soup is one of them! This curried carrot soup is perfect for a lunch or a light dinner along with some bread and a side salad, or a first course for a dinner party. Curry, ginger and garlic are the savory seasonings in Thom Armentrout's soup. Curried Carrot Soup Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
curried carrot soup instructions
- Heat oil in stock pot over medium high. Add onion and garlic and saute until golden, about 8 minutes..
- Add broth, carrots, apple, ginger, curry powder, coriander, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Simmer, covered, about 30 minutes, or until carrots are very tender..
- Puree soup with an immersion blender or in a food processor or blender..
- Return soup to pot. Add milk and heat through but do not boil..
This soup makes a wonderfully satisfying appetizer or main course when fleshed out with a green salad and hot bread. Curried carrot soup variation: Add some curry powder with the garlic and ground spices. This Curried Carrot Soup recipe is delicious! It's easy to make and full of flavor! The bone broth helps to heal the gut.