Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup. In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. In a large pot heat vegetable oil and add onion over a medium heat. Thai Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup – A Thai-inspired soup that is incredibly light, healthy, hearty and cozy!
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Repeat procedure with remaining soup mixture. Stir in half-and-half, salt, and pepper. You can cook Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground Jamaican all-spice, or all-spice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom.
- You need 4 3/4 cup of sweet potatoes – peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 3 cup of carrots – peeled and cubed.
- You need 3 1/2 cup of chicken broth, low-sodium.
- Prepare 3 cup of water.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of fresh grated ginger.
- You need 1/4 cup of half & half.
- It’s 1 tbsp of (optional) sour cream.
This is a deliciously easy carrot and sweet potato soup recipe and how to video you'll want to add to your list of quick healthy meals. It's low calorie, really tasty, filling, and has just the right amount of heat from the chilli. It's a soup that gives you a warming hug just when you need it most! Add in the sweet potatoes and carrots and season with salt and pepper.
Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup instructions
- Prep all vegetables. Dice onion. Peel then cut sweet potatoes and carrots to roughly the same size..
- In a small bowl combine and mix well all dry spices, EXCEPT the ginger..
- In a large pot over medium heat melt butter. Add onions and saute about 4-5 minutes, or longer until translucent. Each stove is different so if onions look like they are about to burn turn down the heat. (If you have an electric stove, take the pot off the element for about a minute.) Add spices and stir for 1 minute until fragrant..
- Add sweet potatoes and stir. Add carrots and stir all to combine well..
- Increase heat to high add broth and water. When everything is combined and just beginning to boil add freshly grated ginger..
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 35 minutes. Before going to next step make sure vegetables are cooked through by fork testing..
- Take soup pot off heat element if you have an electric stove. If not, turn off heat. Uncover pot and allow to cool for about 20 minutes before proceeding to next step..
- Working in small batches ladle soup mix into blender. While blending if mixture seems too thick add a little broth. Make sure to blend until very smooth. Pour into separate pot. Repeat until all has been blended. If you have an immersion blender, blend until creamy smooth consistency..
- Once everything is blended add half & half and stir well to combine..
- Optional – When serving add a tablespoon of sour cream to soup..
- For me, this soup tastes better the next day, but sometimes I can't wait that long..
- If there are leftovers, this soup freezes beautifully..
Lay the sliced onions, carrots, sweet potatoes and bacon in this order, put into the sauce pan, pour the chicken or vegetable stock over the pan. Cover the top, bring to the boil very gently and cook with low heat until all the ingredients become soft. Chipotle-Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup: Tips, tricks, and tools. Sweet potato-carrot soup is easy, delicious, nutritious, and able to cheer up the dreariest winter day. The addition of a small amount of cream at the end will soften and enrich the soup, but is fully optional—the soup is just as smooth and tempting without it.