Carrot Soup w/coconut milk+curry powder. A bit changed to my taste, I hope you will love it as much as I do – vegan or not 😉 Instructions. Heat a large pot over medium heat. This step warms the oils in the spices and intensifies the flavor.
This soup relies on the inherent sweetness of market-fresh carrots, the creamy silk of whole coconut milk and the heat from ginger and curry powder. It's simple to make, yet feels bold and complex in flavor. Served as the starter to a holiday meal or as the centerpiece at a casual supper, this unique combination will be sure to go fast. You can have Carrot Soup w/coconut milk+curry powder using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot Soup w/coconut milk+curry powder
- It’s 1 of Thermomix or other blender which heats up for cooking IS VERY USEFUL.
- Prepare 6 clove of Fresh garlic.
- It’s 480 grams of Peeled and halved carrots.
- Prepare 20 grams of Olive oil.
- Prepare 500 grams of Vegetable broth.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Yellow curry powder.
- It’s 400 grams of Coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 of Salt & pepper.
A creamy vegetable soup is always satisfying and an easy way to get your serving of veggies for the day. This version has somewhat of a tropical or Southeast Asian twist with the addition of coconut milk, making it not only a delicious and nutritious soup but also a vegan one since there is no dairy. Stir in the meatballs, broth, zucchini, carrot, cabbage, fish sauce and remaining coconut milk. I had to use garlic powder and minced onions in the soup, and I ran out of curry powder after using it for the soup so I used some turmeric and cumin along with the other spices for the chickpeas.
Carrot Soup w/coconut milk+curry powder step by step
- If Thermomix available, great. If not: follow directions about quantities, and ignore all about mixing in blender before thoroughly cooked and simmered for aprox 10 minutes after having added all ingredients at once to a pot, brought to a boil, reduced temperature until simmering.
- 15g ~ 6 cloves of garlic chopped finely. Directions for tmx: 4 sec at speed 6.
- Place carrots into tmx and grind 5sec at speed 4.5.
- Add oil to tmx and cook at temperature 'varoma' (highest on the thermomix) for 5min at speed 1.
- Add vegetable broth and the equivalent to 1tbp of curry powder (6g).
- Program temp 80 for 10 min speed 1.
- Interrupt after about 5min and add coconut milk. Continue cooking.
- Now blend at highest speed (important direction for those who cooked in a pot) in a blender of your choice or with one of those immersion blenders for as long as you need to break done any chunks of carrots or garlic. In tmx this would be speed 10 for 30sec.
- Serve immediately after decorating with a sliver of carrot peel and sprinkles of ground pepper and salt. ENJOY.
I used a can of full fat coconut milk and filled the can again with water for the liquid. This vegan version of pumpkin soup uses coconut oil instead of butter and light coconut milk in place of milk or cream. Seasoned with curry powder, coriander, red pepper flakes, garlic and onion, it's easy to make and can be a terrific starter or a small meal on its own. Creamy carrot soup made with no butter, no cream and no oil. With coconut curry flavor, this soup is clean, flavorful and creamy using coconut milk There are essentially two parts to this recipe.