Recipe: Tasty Albondigas Soup
You can have Albondigas Soup using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Albondigas Soup
- Prepare of Meatballs.
- You need 2 lb of turkey, ground.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dried orgegano.
- You need 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need of Soup.
- You need 1 of shallot, minced.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 5 of carrots, chopped.
- It’s 4 cup of cabbage, shredded.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 6 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 3 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 5 oz of El Pato Jalapeno Salsa.
- You need of Optional Toppings (after soup has been cooked).
- You need 1 of cilantro.
- You need 1 of avocado.
Albondigas Soup instructions
- In large bowl, mix all meatball ingredients and set aside..
- In large soup pot, sauté the shallots and garlic in the olive oil until shallots are translucent..
- Add the carrots, cabbage, tomatoes, chicken broth, water, cumin,and oregano, mix well and bring to boil..
- Using your hands, form the meat into golf ball size meatballs and gently drop into the boiling soup. Turn the heat down to medium low and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally (gently not to break apart the meatballs)..
- Add El Pato, stir and simmer for another 5 minutes…
- Serve with cilantro and/or avocado..