Carrot and Coriander Soup. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the onions and carrots. Stir in the ground coriander and season with salt and pepper. This soup is incredibly simple to make with just a few ingredients.
Saute the carrots and onion for a few minutes until the onion has softened a little. Pour in the vegetable stock and add the coriander. Carrot and coriander soup is a classic soup for a reason. You can have Carrot and Coriander Soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot and Coriander Soup
- You need 1 tablespoon of Oil.
- You need 2 of Onions, chopped.
- You need 2 teaspoon of Ground Coriander.
- You need 2 of Potatoes, chopped small.
- It’s 450 grams of Carrots, peeled, chopped small.
- Prepare 1 litre of Veg or Chicken Stock.
- It’s 2 packets of Fresh Coriander from supermarket.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Mint Jelly.
This version picks up a little spice from the jalapeños and draws out the sweetness from the carrots by roasting them first. Put all the ingredients into the soup maker, except the coriander, and press the 'smooth soup' function. Make sure you don't fill the soup maker above the max fill line. Once the cycle is complete, season and add the coriander.
Carrot and Coriander Soup step by step
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and fry until soft. Stir in chopped potato (the smaller the quicker cooking,),and ground Coriander, cook for 2 minutes..
- Add chopped carrots, (the smaller the better), and stock, cover and cook for about 15 minutes until carrots and potatoes are soft..
- Add finely chopped Coriander, Mint Jelly and stir. Then use a stick blender, food processor or just a fine masher to reduce everything to a smooth texture..
- This made a large bowl full for me, plus two bags of “ pour and store” for my freezer.!.
Blend once again until the coriander is mixed well and serve. Carrot and coriander soup is Tesco veg grower Ben's favourite, especially after a hard day out in the fields. He still cooks his mum's original recipe, made with delicious veg, fresh coriander, and a sprinkling of warming paprika to finish. Delia's Carrot and Coriander Soup recipe. This is a lovely soup to make with spring carrots that are not quite as sweet as those in the summer.