Thai Carrot Soup. Carrot soup PLUS peanut butter, chili garlic sauce and basil. LIT'rally like drinking peanut sauce through a straw but with far less guilt and way more nutritiounal value. This soup is easy to pull together and is low on the calories!
This Thai Coconut Curry Carrot Soup is an amazingly flavorful vegetarian OR vegan treat. To make sure your soup is vegetarian, check the ingredients on your Thai curry paste. I used Thai Kitchen brand, which does not include any shrimp, but some brands do, so just double check. You can cook Thai Carrot Soup using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai Carrot Soup
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 lb of carrots, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare of Good pinch each of salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 cups of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of creamy natural peanut butter.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of chili garlic sauce.
- You need leaves of Fresh basil.
After making this Thai Carrot Soup recipe a couple of times, you'll quickly be able to make it without much thought. For my family, it is a healthy slight alternative to the Vegan Carrot Soup we eat a lot. The difference with this soup is that I like adding coconut milk to make it extra creamy, lime juice for just a hint of citrus, and cilantro for a bright, earthy flavor. This Thai version of carrot soup has the health benefits of ginger, garlic, and lemongrass.
Thai Carrot Soup step by step
- Heat a large pan over medium heat..
- Dice onion and garlic. Add to pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add carrots and cook for 5 minutes..
- Season with a good pinch each of salt and pepper, then add vegetable stock and water and stir..
- Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until veggies are tender..
- Let cool slightly, then using an immersion blender, blend in the pan until smooth and creamy..
- Add peanut butter and chili garlic sauce to the pan and blend to combine..
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. For a touch of added sweetness, add a tablespoon or so of brown sugar, maple syrup or honey. Add more chili garlic sauce for more heat..
- Serve immediately with fresh basil. A drizzle of coconut milk will add a creamy, sweet touch. Serve with sriracha for extra heat..
With its potent combination of vegetables, rice, and fresh Thai herbs and spices, and its high concentration of vitamins A and C, plus calcium, this soup is an excellent remedy for a cold or flu. This Creamy Thai Carrot Ginger Soup is a marvel. Made with simple ingredients, this soup can be prepared in a pinch and it comes out tasting as decadent as a soup can possibly taste. Anytime I made creamy soups, I like using coconut milk to add to the richness, as well as add fat to the recipe in order to balance the fibrous, vitamin-packed. Thai cuisine uses fragrant flavours to create warming and comforting dishes.