How to Prepare Appetizing Pumpkin and potato soup
Pumpkin and potato soup. This is a delicious version of potato and pumpkin soup. I use Kent (jap) pumpkin which is slightly sweeter than most. It is a hearty soup which can be eaten as a main meal particularly during winter; serve it with warm crusty bread.
The blend of pumpkin, potato and vegetable stock creates a thick consistency which Blend the pumpkin mix and potatoes together with some vegetable stock and bring to just below the boil. Spiced Pumpkin, Carrot & Sweet Potato Soup. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in the UK, but I think it is a rather lovely festival. You can have Pumpkin and potato soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin and potato soup
- You need 1 1/2 of to 3/4 of orange pumpkin.
- You need 3 medium of Potato's /also nice with sweet potato if you use this use it in with the pumpkin..
- Prepare 2 of Brown Onions.
- Prepare 6 of chicken stock cubes or 6 tsp of chic stock powder.
- Prepare 1 of sour cream.
- It’s 4 of spring onions.
- It’s 1 of bread rolls or cob loaf.
- You need 1 of cold water to cover the pumpkin, brown onions, potato, and chic stock..
- Prepare 1 of black pepper/(salt if needed).
My spiced pumpkin soup is inspired by the traditional dishes served at Thanksgiving that use sweet potatoes or pumpkin; its a vibrant uplifting orange, and flavoured with. Add the pumpkin and potato chunks and saute briefly. Drizzle with pumpkin seed oil and serve sprinkled with pumpkin. A cup of pumpkin and potato soup is a delightful first course to a larger meal, especially for all those holiday meals we're already planning for, and, of Soups are in season and they're so easy to make from scratch.
Pumpkin and potato soup step by step
- Peel and cut up pumpkin,potato,and brown onion.
- Place the above ingredients into a stock pot or Dutch oven and add the chicken stock cubes or powder..
- Cover all the above ingredients with cold water and cook until pumpkin and potato are soft..
- When cooked remove from stove DON'T drain the liquid off. Now with a stick mixer blend until smooth..
- Now serve in bowls with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chopped up spring onion. Add salt and pepper to taste..
The crisp fall colors of gold, orange, and amber are reflected beautifully in our pumpkin. Pumpkin and sweet potatoes are simmered on the stove top with white wine and fresh thyme in this simple yet delicious and nourishing sweet potato and pumpkin soup. Ladle the potato soup into six bowls. Swirl ⅙ of the pumpkin mixture into each bowl, creating a marbling effect, and garnish with a cilantro sprig. I've seen pumpkin soup before, but I had never tried it before this week.