Butternut Squash Soup. Reviews for: Photos of Butternut Squash Soup II. This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines.
It adds just the right balance for the squash. Ready in an hour and freezes well. Easy homemade butternut squash soup is naturally thick and creamy, perfect for the season when squash is available in abundance. You can cook Butternut Squash Soup using 10 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- Prepare 1 of Butternut squash.
- It’s 6 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- It’s 1/2 of Bulb of garlic (if you really like garlic use the whole bulb).
- It’s 1 of Celery.
- Prepare 1 of Carrot.
- You need 1 bunch of Thyme (3 sprigs tied in a bundle).
- Prepare 1 of Rosemary (1 sprig).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Freshly grated nutmeg.
- You need 8 cup of Water.
Full of butternut flavour, this soup is perfect for when you're. Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video! The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. This butternut squash soup recipe is the best!
Butternut Squash Soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 425..
- Cut butternut squash length-wise so it's cut evenly in half..
- Remove seeds using a spoon or your fingers..
- Poke holes in meat side of squash..
- Salt and pepper the meat side liberally..
- Drizzle half the olive oil over the squash.
- Place squash on a tray and roast meat side up for 1 hour..
- While the squash is in oven, preheat a large pot to medium-high heat..
- Add remaining olive oil to pot.
- Julienne onion. Size doesn't matter. Add to the pot and stir..
- Cut celery and carrot. Again size doesn't matter..
- Add salt and pepper and the bundle of tied up thyme..
- Chop rosemary. Again size doesn't matter. But the smaller the better. And add to pot.
- Grate the nutmeg into a small dish and add to vegetables..
- Sauté the vegetables (mirepoix) for roughly 5 minutes until some color develops..
- Add water and let simmer on med heat for about 45 min or so..
- When the squash is done roasting let it rest for 10-15 min. By then the stock should be about ready. Turn it off..
- The skin of the squash should peel off easily. Skin it and add to a blender. You might need to do half the squash depending on the size of the blender. If you only do half the squash only add half the stock with all the vegetables (take the thyme binder out before blending).
- BE CAREFUL WHEN BLENDING!!! Blending hot ingredients may cause the soup to splatter out of the blender!!! Blend on slowest speed first then increase. Blend all the ingredients. Depending on how thick you like it you might need to add more water. Same goes for salt and pepper. Try the soup before serving. It doesn't need any cream to make it creamy. It's hearty and creamy without any dairy..
- On a last note I don't like to waste anything. Meaning those seeds that came from the squash are quite yummy. You can use them in the soup. Roast them at 300°F until they get a little color or you can start to smell them while roasting..
Here's what gets me excited about butternut squash soup: My favorite seasonal ingredients join forces to create a sunny bowl of cozy, comforting soup that warms me through and through. Smooth and silky butternut squash soup is a cold-weather staple. The secret to the most intense, sweetest flavor is to roast the squash until it's deeply browned and caramelized, then purée it with a. TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – The easiest butternut squash soup you'll ever make – still silky, slightly sweet and full of flavor. Miso Coconut Butternut Squash Soup – Roasted and caramelized butternut squash, creamy Butternut Squash and Black Bean Soup – One of the most legit butternut squash combinations.