Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup. A hearty and comforting creamy chicken noodle soup that'll keep you cozy all night long. This soup is so easy to put together and is always a big hit with the family. Cut chicken into chunks; add to soup.
Some folks say homemade chicken noodle soup helps battle a cold or the flu, but even doubters agree its comforting flavor has great appeal. This version serves a crowd and is creamy and rich without added cream. "Easy creamy chicken noodle soup recipe loaded with chunks of chicken, onions, carrots, celery, fresh parsley, noodles and garlic in a savory, creamy broth. Even more comforting than regular chicken noodle soup!" This fresh, easy, creamy chicken noodle soup is quickly becoming my favorite. You can have Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup using 30 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- It’s of FOR SOUP STOCK.
- It’s 1 of 3 to 4 pound whole chicken.
- You need 2 medium of onions, cut in fourths.
- It’s 3 lb of chicken wings.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, cut in 2 inch pieces.
- You need 2 of celery stalks cut in 2 inch pieces.
- It’s 6 of whole peeled garlic cloves.
- It’s 6 of ounce chunk of romamo cheese, cut in half.
- It’s 1 tsp of dry rosemary.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dryed thyme.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of poultry seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 10 of whole peppercorns or 1/2 teaoon lack pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dry white wine.
- It’s 8 of to 10 cups no or low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare of olive oil for roasting pan..
- It’s of FINISHED SOUP.
- You need 2 of boneless skinless chicken breasts marinated 4 to 8 hours in my white marinade, recipe attached.
- Prepare 10 of slices pepperoni.
- It’s 2 of carrots, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks, cut in 2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 6 of stalks bok Choy with some tender green leaves, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- It’s 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 tsp of hot sauce, such as Franks brand.
- Prepare 3 oz of dry medium egg noodles, cooked and drained.
- You need of GARNISH SOUP.
- It’s 2 tbsp of romano or parmesan cheese, gratec.
- You need 3 of sliced green onions.
- You need of salt, pepper and hot sauce. Taste to adjust these seasonings.
It's not often I share a soup recipe on my blog. The last was the Slow Cooker Chicken Potato Corn Chowder and before that was this popular Roasted Tomato Basil Soup and this Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup. Because the weather has been SO miserable and cold, going backwards instead of forwards, soup has been coming out of our ears. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup step by step
- MAKE CHICKEN STOCK.
- Preheat oven to 450. Grease a large oven proof skillet or roasting pan with olive oil. Place whole chicken and chicken wings in pan..
- Roast about 30 minutes until.browned.
- Remove chicken to a large stockpot. Add wine to roasting pan and bring to a boil, scrapping up.any bits and boil.until.just a couple of tablespoons are left.pour into stockpot with chicken…
- To stockpot add vegetables, romano cheese and seasonings.
- Add chicken broth to cover. Simmer 3 to 3 1/2 hours skimming off any foam.that comes to the top for the first 30 minutes.
- Strain stock into clean pan, discard solids and chill.stock overnight.
- Stock will form a fat layer on surface, lift it off and discard ( or use to fry potatoes! ).
- Bring stock to a simmer, add cream and finish soup..
- TO FINISH SOUP.
- In a large saucepan render fat from pepperoni, remove pepperoni and either eat it! Or save to crumble in soup at the end..
- Remove chicken breasts from white marinade and pat dry https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/347418-white-marinade-and-barbeque-sauce-for-meat-and-seafood.
- Into oil from.pepperoni, brown and cook chicken breasts about 4 minutes a side until cooked through..
- Remove to a plate to rest 10 minutes then cut into bite size pieces.
- Into pot chicken was cooked in add all finished soup vegetables, add water or chicken broth just to cover and cook until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Strain any liquid from vegetables and add vegetables to simmering stock. Add chicken pieces, cooked egg noodles.and heat through..
- Add final 2 tablespoons romano cheese, green onions and taste for seasoning, adding salt,.pepper or hot sauce if needed.
- NOTE,This soup can be made without the cream for a more classic chicken noodle soup.
Stir in chicken stock, garlic, onion, carrots, celery, thyme, rosemary and bay leaves; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Heat a large pot with a lid over medium-high heat. Grease with cooking spray or a light drizzle of olive oil. Simmer on low heat until chicken is tender. Remove chicken, reserving all broth and vegetables as stock for soup.