Recipe: Appetizing Chicken taco soup
Chicken taco soup. A hearty combination of beans, corn, tomatoes, and taco seasonings, slow cooked with shredded chicken. Top each bowl with Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips. Made mostly of canned ingredients, this tasty soup lets the slow cooker do the work so you don't have to!
In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. A warm tasty soup full of chicken, beans, corn, spices, and of course – tortilla strips on top! Add it all together and create one amazingly easy dish that is thrown into a stove top pot or slow cooker. You can have Chicken taco soup using 19 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken taco soup
- It’s 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped white onions.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped green onions.
- Prepare 1 of small can of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 can of or-tels tomatoes with green chilis.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno.
- It’s 1 package of powdered ranch dressing.
- You need 1 package of taco seasoning.
- You need 1 (15 ounce) of can of kidney beans.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of cilantro chopped.
- It’s 1 of small can of black beans.
- You need 1 can of fire roasted corn.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground cummin.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of keep 3 cups of chicken stock when cooking chicken.
- Prepare 1 of Quarter teaspoon oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lime juice.
- You need 1 can of green chilli's 5oz.
As the taco soup is cooking the flavors begin to combines creating an irresistible soup. It is thick, rich and chunky! This easy slow cooker soup combines chicken, green chiles, and tomatoes with peppers and onions in a creamy, mushroom soup-based sauce. Add taco seasoning and stir to blend ingredients.
Chicken taco soup instructions
- Boil chicken let cool then shred it. Save chicken stock.
- Put 3 cups of the chicken stock and all the ingredients in a big pot. Bring to light boil then let it simmer for 30 mins.
- Garnish with sour cream green onions shredded cheese.
Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly just until covered by the other ingredients. Chicken Taco Soup is a quick and easy soup for a cold night! One of our favorite crock pot meals that can be made in the slow cooker or on the stove top. Serve this with some sweet cornbread and a guacamole salad! Easy Chicken Taco Soup is full of the same flavors found in your favourite chicken tacos, but in soup form.