Recipe: Delicious Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup
Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup. Stir in Chicken Stock, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in chopped basil and orange rind. Butternut Squash Green Chile Chicken Soup.
Now, I've clearly got a butternut squash thing happening in my life right now but we have about a bushel of it in our pantry so please stay with me! Place butternut squash/chickpea combination on a platter, top with chicken and sprinkle with cilantro. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and lemon wedges. You can cook Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 2 cup of Chopped Onion.
- It’s 6 of (4 oz) Skinless, Boneless Chicken thighs cut into small pieces.
- It’s 2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ground red pepper.
- Prepare 6 cup of Cubed / Peeled Butternut Squash.
- You need 4 tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- You need 8 cup of Chicken Stock.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Uncooked Couscous or Quinoa.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of Sea salt.
- Prepare 1 of Zucchini quartered and sliced into 3/4 inch pieces.
- You need 1 cup of Chopped Fresh Basil.
- It’s 4 tsp of Grated Orange Rind or Lemon Peel.
Stir in chicken broth, bring to boil. How to Make Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup. Toss to coat and transfer to a baking sheet. Add chicken and sprinkle both sides with Moroccan spice, salt, and pepper to.
Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup step by step
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat..
- Add onion, and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add chicken; cook for 4 minutes, browning on all sides..
- Add cumin, cinnamon, and pepper to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly..
- Add butternut squash and tomato paste; cook 1 minute..
- Stir in Chicken Stock, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes..
- Stir in couscous/quinoa, salt, and zucchini; cook 5 minutes or until squash is tender..
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in chopped basil and orange rind/lemon peel..
This butternut squash soup has a secret ingredient—a tart green apple. Butternut squash soup is a comforting fall recipe. The balance of protein from lean chicken and sausage, with tender squash, fiber-rich beans and plenty of leafy green kale makes this a complete meal. I started making this hearty soup a few years ago after my son James was born. Homemade butternut squash soup becomes more filling with the addition of chopped chicken thighs.