Recipe: Yummy Pumpkin soup
Pumpkin soup. This easy soup is made with pumpkin puree, chicken stock, onion, and fresh herbs. Heat stock, salt, pumpkin, onion, thyme, garlic, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for.
Pumpkin soup is a usually 'bound' (thick) soup made from a purée of pumpkin. It is made by combining the meat of a blended pumpkin with broth or stock. It can be served hot or cold, and is a popular Thanksgiving dish in the United States. You can have Pumpkin soup using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin soup
- Prepare 1 of can of Libby's Pumpkin puree.
- Prepare 3 of carrots, peeled and cut in pieces.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, mashed.
- Prepare 4 of cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 of tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 2 of tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 of or 3 fresh sage leaves.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of Toppings-chicken, bacon, croutons, etc..
Pumpkin soup is what we all crave come October, but the idea of starting with an actual pumpkin? The shortcut was obvious — canned pumpkin — but would it taste as good? Your mama's gonna be so proud. Watch how to make the best pumpkin soup in this short recipe video!
Pumpkin soup step by step
- Take the carrots and onions and put in a pot with the butter and olive oil at low medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the carrots and onions are softened enough. Add the garlic and sage leaves..
- When softened take out the carrots, onions and sage. Put in food processor. Pulse until everything looks creamy, no lumps. Meanwhile in the same pot add the chicken stock and pumpkin purée. When dissolved add the carrot mixture. Stir well. Let simmer for 7 or 9 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Can add the toppings of your choice or eat as is..
This creamy (yet cream-less) soup features incredible roasted pumpkin flavor. Pumpkin soup in the fall is something that never gets old. It's healthy, super creamy, and keeps you cozy. If you've made this soup, leave us a comment below and let us know how you liked it! This vegan roasted pumpkin soup is super creamy, delicious and healthy!