Recipe: Perfect Delish Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Delish Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Add milk and bring to a simmer, then stir in cheddar. Season with salt and pepper and top with more cheddar. A Part of Hearst Digital Media Delish participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid.
My husband Eric and I eat dinner together to spend some quality time together. This cheesy broccoli cheddar soup is proof that soup doesn't need to be made in big batches to be good. —Cheryl McRae, West Valley, Utah. Delish.com is home to your favorite dinner recipes, party ideas, and #KitchenLessons. You can cook Delish Broccoli Cheddar Soup using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Delish Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Prepare 6 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1 cup of Yellow onion.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Flour + 3 more tablespoons.
- It’s 3 cup of Milk.
- It’s 2 cup of Chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 3 cup of Finely chopped broccoli.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 packages of Cheddar cheese.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe – Cheesy and Delicious! This Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe uses simple ingredients but has so much flavor and creaminess. Some soups require hours and hours of simmering time to develop depth of flavor, but this isn't one of those soups. Broccoli Cheddar Soup is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a soup of pureed broccoli and broth with cheese.
Delish Broccoli Cheddar Soup instructions
- Melt the butter in a skillet on medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic, Italian seasoning, and flour. Cook for three minutes stirring CONSTANTLY..
- Slowly, whisk in the milk, chicken broth and broccoli cook, stirring frequently until it boils lightly and thickens.
- At this point, I transferred to a crock pot. I cooked on high for about 2 hours until broccoli became tender. Then, stir in the heavy cream.Then, I added a whole bag of cheddar cheese, about 2cups. I cooked on low for about 20 minutes more. Add the salt and pepper..
Although it's pureed, it does still have some texture in it from small bits of broccoli, which is very welcome. There are a few keys to making this soup really special Broccoli cheddar soup has always been one of our favorite dishes at Panera. When we first started keto, we assumed broccoli cheddar soups everywhere were safe- what could be wrong with broccoli and cheddar together? Barley Flour, Baking Soda, Yeast], Soup, Broccoli Cheese [Chicken Base (Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Fat, Cornstarch, Rice Flour, Salt], Salt, Hydrolyzed Soy & Corn Protein, Sugar, Natural Flavors, Potato Flour, Yeast, Carrot, Turmeric). Recipe: Roasted Broccoli & Cheddar Soup. by Anjali Prasertong.