Easiest Way to Make Delicious Egg Flower Soup
Egg Flower Soup. Bring the chicken broth, white pepper, and sesame oil to a boil in a saucepan. While stirring slowly in one direction to get the soup moving, pour the beaten egg into the soup in a slow but steady stream. The name "Egg Drop" comes from how the soup is made—dropping raw egg into hot soup.
Remove ginger and green onion before pouring over eggs. Crack the egg into a bowl and lightly beat it with a fork or whisk. Slowly pour the egg into the pot, stirring with a chopstick in a circular motion until long threads form. You can cook Egg Flower Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Egg Flower Soup
- You need 6 cup of Chicken stock (I prefer fresh stock but had none. So I used 6 cups water and 3 tsp chicken bouillon).
- Prepare 1 of finely diced carrot.
- You need 2 of thin sliced green onions.
- It’s 2 of to 3 beaten eggs (preference).
- Prepare 1/2 packages of diced tofu (optional).
- You need 1 tsp of cornstarch mixed with 2 tsp cold water (to thicken – Optional).
- Prepare 1/4 tbsp of sesame oil (optional).
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground ginger or fresh (optional).
- Prepare 1 of soy sauce (optional condiment).
- You need 1 of hot chili pepper oil (optional condiment).
Stir in the sesame oil, salt, and white pepper. To give the egg flower soup recipe a little bit more green, add baby bok choy, spinach, or any other leafy green that you like. Stir the salt, ginger and chives into the saucepan, and bring to a rolling boil. Great recipe for Egg Flower Soup.
Egg Flower Soup step by step
- Bring stock to a boil..
- Add carrot, green onions, and other desired optional items at this time. Let boil for 2-3 minutes..
- Pour in eggs and stir to break the egg up. (If you want more string-like eggs, pour the eggs in slowly while stirring in a circle)..
- Stir for 1 minute and remove from heat..
I LOVE this soup and always get it at our favorite Chinese restaurant. I didn't realize how CHEAP, EASY and FAST it is to make. My kids absolutely love it too! The only thing is I prefer fresh stock/broth. Egg drop soup (also called egg flower soup) is known as 蛋花湯 in Chinese.