How to Prepare Appetizing Italian Wedding Soup
Italian Wedding Soup. This lovely soup combines extra lean ground beef made into meatballs with thinly sliced escarole or "Coming from Rhode Island, a very ethnic state, this soup was traditionally served at Italian weddings. I used to be intimidated to make Italian Wedding Soup. I have no Italian lineage and my mom never made it growing up, so for whatever reason it seemed easy to mess up.
Wedding soup consists of green vegetables (usually endive and escarole or cabbage, lettuce, kale, and/or spinach) and meat. This easy Italian wedding soup recipe is the absolute BEST! My whole family loves it, and yours will, too. You can have Italian Wedding Soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian Wedding Soup
- It’s 1 of small sliced onion.
- It’s 2 stalks of celery, cut into 1/4 in pieces.
- It’s 2 (32 oz) of cartons Chicken Broth, Kitchen Basic is a good brand.
- Prepare 16 oz of frozen cheese tortellini.
- It’s 12 oz of bag of spinach rinsed.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- It’s pinch of Bell's Poultry Seasoning.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 bag of small party sized meatballs – *Trader Joes Party Size Meatballs" or make your own bite-sized meatballs.
In the soup aisle of Target, my tear-streaked. Italian wedding soup has long been one of my favorite soups, but it's one I've never made myself, as I always assumed it was a chore to make all those meatballs before making the soup itself. This Italian wedding soup is meatballs, vegetables, greens and pasta all simmered together in a savory broth. The perfect way to warm up on a cold day!
Italian Wedding Soup instructions
- Over medium heat, add olive oil, onion and celery and saute 5 to 6 minutes until softened..
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add tortellini and cook for 6 mins..
- Stir in parmesan cheese, Bell's seasoning, salt, pepper and meatballs. Stir in spinach and stir for 1 minute..
- Ladle soup in bowls and top with parmesan cheese..
Calling this "Italian wedding soup" is somewhat of a misnomer since the dish is unrelated to weddings. The name is said to come from the words "minestra maritata," which mean "married soup." Wedding soup is traditionally made from a rich, long-cooked homemade chicken stock. What you'll need to make Italian Wedding Soup. For the meatballs, my secret is to add ground sausage to the. This Italian Wedding Soup can be made on the Stove Top, Crock Pot, or the Instant Pot!