Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup. Roasted peppers, tomatoes, sauteed aromatics and seasonings are cooked in chicken broth, strained, pureed, and thickened with a roux to I would've used an additional pepper for more roasted red pepper flavor (and less chicken stock flavor). Overall I found this soup to be a little bland so I would. Incredibly creamy roasted red pepper and tomato soup!
Now that it is finally cool enough to turn on the oven and the stove, I decided to capture those flavors in a giant. Smoky roasted red peppers, tangy tomatoes, plus a simple roux turn this simple roasted red pepper and tomato soup into a rich and flavorful soup! I love the simplicity of this Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup. You can have Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups (840 ml) of water.
- Prepare 2 of carrots (heaping 2 cups), chopped.
- It’s 2 sticks of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large onion (about 3 cups), chopped.
- You need 1 cup (240 ml) of cauliflower, cut into florets.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried herbs of your choice (optional).
- It’s 4 of red peppers.
- It’s 1 can (14.5 oz) of can crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of salt (or more to taste).
- You need 1/4 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need of For garnish:.
- You need of Greek yoghurt, smoked paprika, parsley, olive oil, cream, etc.
Alls you need is a loaf of crusty French bread for dipping and you've got a simple. Roasted red pepper soup is a blend of red peppers, tomatoes, onions, garlic and basil. It's delicious, healthy and easy to make – just roast all the veggies on one baking sheet, then blend it all together in your Vitamix. I'm a big fan of soups in the fall and winter months.
Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup instructions
- Preheat oven to 355°F/180℃..
- Remove the stems and seeds from the peppers and cut into quarters. Place them on a tin foil lined baking sheet and bake for 20 mins or untill they get tender..
- Place the water in a pot. Add the chopped carrots, celery, onion, cauliflower, bay leaves, herbs of your choice and cook over medium hight heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 mins. Turn the heat down and simmer for 20 mins or until the veggies become tender..
- Remove the peppers from your oven and let them cool enough to handle. Chop them into pieces and add to your pan along with the tomatoes. Simmer for another 10 mins..
- I used canned tomatoes this time, but I will try with fresh tomatoes and bake by myself next time..
- Remove from heat and remove the bay leaf from the soup mix. Place in your blender or use a hand blender to blend until smooth. Taste and check for seasoning and serve while hot!.
They're a great way to get more. Soups And Stews, Red Bell Pepper, Tomato, Dinner, Lunch, Appetizer, Main Course, Side Dish, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Healthy, High Fiber, Low Cholesterol Add the diced roasted peppers, the stock or water, rice, and salt to taste. I too used tinned tomatoes, I usually follow recipes to the letter but I thought I'd try tinned tomatoes instead and I also roasted a fresh chilli along with the peppers etc. Roasted red pepper & tomato soup with ricotta. This make-ahead recipe is perfect for entertaining.