Recipe: Perfect Cheddar Broccoli Soup
Cheddar Broccoli Soup. Try Our Easy-To-Make Cheese Soup Recipes. Browse & Share Now w/ Your Friends! Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium heat.
There are a few keys to making this soup really special: In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add chicken broth and season generously with salt and pepper. Broccoli Cheddar Soup Tips How do you keep broccoli cheddar soup from curdling? You can cook Cheddar Broccoli Soup using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheddar Broccoli Soup
- Prepare 4 of small (about 3 1/2 cups) heads of broccoli (chopped).
- Prepare 3 of (about 2 cups) carrots (shredded).
- Prepare 1 of medium onion (sweet or white).
- You need 8 TBS of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/2 c. of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 4 C of Chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 4 C of Half n Half.
- It’s 1/2 TSP of nutmeg (ground).
- You need to taste of Pepper-add.
- It’s to taste of Salt-add.
- It’s to taste of Red pepper (ground or flake)- add.
- You need 4 C of Shredded Sharp Cheddar.
- It’s 1 Clove of garlic-chopped (Optional).
- It’s of Bacon Bits or Pieces (For garnish-Optional).
Curdling in a cream soup usually occurs when the milk or cream is added at too high of a heat. As you incorporate the milk and broth into the cooked onion and flour mixture, keep the heat at medium and stir continuously with a whisk. In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion in butter until softened.
Cheddar Broccoli Soup step by step
- Prep all ingredient. Chop broccoli (bite size,each piece should fit on a spoon). Finely chop onion & garlic (if adding). Shred carrots. Measure out flour and liquid ingredients. This will make cooking quicker..
- Start by heating butter in a pot on med-low heat..
- Once butter has melted, add onions and garlic until translucent..
- Add flour,stir. Let flour lightly brown. (If it doesnt brown you will have a very flour-ie taste to your soup)..
- Once flour has browned,add your half n half..
- Let it come to a simmer on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes..
- Add chicken or vegetable broth and stir..
- Now, add carrots & broccoli and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until broccoli is tender..
- Turn heat to low. Add your seasonings-salt,pepper,red pepper flakes,and nutmeg. Stir..
- Stir in cheese and turn heat off. Let cheese melt and serve!.
Stir in broccoli, and cover with chicken broth. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Gradually stir in broth; bring to a boil. "Cheddar" Broccoli Soup. This soup is oh so creamy and dreamy. The potatoes add a natural creaminess to the soup without the use of cream, butter, or milk, and the broccoli adds some texture.