Recipe: Appetizing Potato & Cheddar Soup
Potato & Cheddar Soup. The potato is a root vegetable native to the Americas, a starchy tuber of the plant Solanum tuberosum, and the plant itself, a perennial in the family Solanaceae. Potato is an instant messaging tool focused on security. It is faster, safer, more open and completely free.
Potato, annual plant in the nightshade family, grown for its starchy edible tubers. Potatoes are frequently served whole or mashed as a cooked vegetable and are also ground into potato flour. Borrowed from Spanish patata, itself borrowed from Taíno batata. (UK) IPA(key): /pəˈteɪ.təʊ/, [pʰə̥ˈtʰeɪtʰəʊ]. (General American) enPR: pə-tāʹtō, IPA(key): /pəˈteɪ.toʊ/, [pʰə̥ˈtʰeɪɾoʊ], [pʰə̥ˈtʰeɪɾə]. You can cook Potato & Cheddar Soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato & Cheddar Soup
- You need of (3) Large Potatoes (skinned,diced).
- It’s of (3) Tbsp Butter.
- It’s of (3) Tbsp Flour.
- It’s of (2) Carrots (peeled,diced).
- It’s of (2) Celery (diced).
- Prepare of (4) Cups Water.
- It’s of (1) Cup Cheddar Cheese.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- You need of (1 & 1/2) Cups Milk.
A perennial plant in the nightshade family that was first cultivated in. The potato is a tuber—a short, thick, underground stem with stored starches and sugars—of the Nutritionally, the potato supplies complex carbohydrates—essential for energy—and a very low. The potato plant (Solanum tuberosum) is a member of the Solanaceae, or nightshade, family, a family of flowering plants that also includes the eggplant, mandrake, deadly nightshade or belladonna, tobacco, tomato, and petunia. Potato is a starchy root vegetable of Central American origin.
Potato & Cheddar Soup instructions
- In a large skillet boil the diced potatoes, carrots and celery in the 4 cups of water for 20 minutes..
- Pour off the liquid and set aside. Place the vegetables in a bowl and set aside also..
- In the same skillet add butter and onions, fry until translucent..
- In a medium bowl add the milk, flour, salt and pepper. Whisk untill smooth..
- Add milk mixture to the skillet constantly whisk until boils. Thin with vegetable water if needed to desired constancy. Add cheese and constantly whisk until melted..
- Return potatoes, carrots and celery to skillet mix well. Cook on medium 2 or 3 minutes..
- Top with cheese. Enjoy!.
Learn about potato nutrition, types of potatoes, fun facts and history. Info for potato growers and retailers. Wikipedia Article About Potato on Wikipedia. The potato (plural form: potatoes) (Solanum tuberosum) is a perennial plant of the Solanaceae, or nightshade, family, grown for its starchy tuber. Potato is the third most important food crop in the world after rice and wheat in terms of human consumption.