Recipe: Perfect Chicken squash noodles soup
Chicken squash noodles soup. Chicken "No Noodle" Soup is filling but won't weigh you down. It's deliciously flavorful and chockfull of chicken and made with spaghetti squash instead of egg noodles. This low carb Chicken No Noodle Soup makes a yummy lunch and works great for meal prep.
To a large soup pot over medium heat, add the oil. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and butternut squash. Actually, I wasn't going to share this recipe, because I recently made an Asian version of chicken noodle soup, using turnip noodles and red curry paste (grab that recipe here.) However, I posted a picture on Instagram of a classic chicken noodle soup (using zucchini noodles, of course) that I had made one night for Lu, since he had a bad cold. You can cook Chicken squash noodles soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken squash noodles soup
- It’s 1/2 kg of chicken chopped into 1 cm cubes.
- It’s 1/2 kg of squash chopped 2-4 mm thick.
- Prepare 1/2 head of garlic.
- You need 1 piece of large sized onion.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of water.
- It’s 1 of flour or corn starch to thicken.
- It’s 1/2 kg of noodles (I cannot find any egg noodles so I used angel hair pasta instead).
- You need 1 of cooking oil.
- You need 1 of chicken broth cubes or chicken stock.
- It’s 1 of sesame oil (optional).
For some reason, this week's low carb chicken soup with spaghetti squash served as a perfect reminder to hit pause. And savoring this hearty homemade keto soup gave me the time that I value so much to sit and reflect. Noodles for a Keto Chicken Soup Recipe. I would not hesitate using this recipe to make Chicken Noodle Soup or Chicken Rice Soup or Chicken & Dumplings either.
Chicken squash noodles soup step by step
- Add a little amount of chopped onions, chopped garlic, salt and pepper to the chicken and squash in separate containers. Let rest for at 15-30 minutes to lock in flavors..
- Cook the angel hair pasta based on the instructions..
- Once the angel hair is cooked, drain the noodles and set aside (but don't throw the water)..
- Saute the remaining garlic and onions in a separate pan. Once the garlic and onions are ok, add the chicken..
- Add salt, pepper and the water from where the angel hair was cooked based on your personal preferrence. Bring to a boil. (I like minimal liquid in my soup so I don't put all the water in the chicken)..
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the squash to the pan and cook for about 15 minutes or until the squash is cooked based on your preference..
- Add the noodles to the pan where you're cooking the chicken. Add chicken broth cubes or chicken stock if needed to further enhance the taste..
- Add thickeners (like flour or corn starch) to thicken the soup..
- Last but not the least. Enjoy..
The taste is just down right comfort food.. Instead of traditional noodles, this recipe uses spaghetti squash noodles. It adds an extra dose of veggies making this low carb soup so nutritious! Remove the chicken, shred the meat with forks and return to the soup, discarding the bones. Check the seasoning, adding more lime, sugar, soy or fish sauce if you want to.